OWH: Should we be doubting Frost?

8 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This discussion of Pelini years is making me think of how similar this year has been to several Pelini years I went back and looked at 2013 for example.

Barely beat inferior out of conference opponent - check

Dominate out of conference opponent and everyone chugs koolaid - check

Blowout loss in prime time - check

Barely beat inferior in conference opponent - check

Head scratching loss to decent, but not great in conference opponent - check

I feel like this team could come out of the bye week with a new sense of pride and win 4 of the next 5. I also feel like this team could come out of the bye week and have not fixed anything and instead barely scrap by to bowl eligibility. Seems like Bo years felt like that more often than not too.

What is interesting is they will get a top 10 (probably 1 loss) or top 3 (no loss) Wisconsin team at home.  

If they win that (I don't think they will), the entire season changes.

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What is interesting is they will get a top 10 (probably 1 loss) or top 3 (no loss) Wisconsin team at home.  

I'm willing to bet that game will be worse than the OSU game.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

I'm willing to bet that game will be worse than the OSU game.

I think you might be right...

I almost think it is one of those games where you just load the box and man up on the outside and just bring it...and on offense...lots of deep balls hoping for a big play or a call.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I'm hoping it's one of those games where the team just plays out of their mind and we upset them. I agree it's an uphill climb though.

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree. I think Wisconsin and Paul Chryst enjoy punishing Nebraska.

I think every team enjoys punishing Nebraska. Same as when Texas loses or Notre Dame. The problem with us is those teams can talk and back it up more instances than not. Our teams talk and then cower away year in and year out like a puppy during a thunderstorm. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, ActualCornHusker said:

If I were Chryst, I'd come out in the hippo package and run it down Neb's throat until they stop it (which isn't likely). They might never have to pass

Until this last week, I had some trust we'd have a scheme to slow them down a little.  But Minnesota did nothing creative and still steamrolled us. Not sure if it's scheme or the players, but in the end it doesn't matter - gotta have both, and I don't know that we have either.

Just now, Husker in WI said:

Until this last week, I had some trust we'd have a scheme to slow them down a little.  But Minnesota did nothing creative and still steamrolled us. Not sure if it's scheme or the players, but in the end it doesn't matter - gotta have both, and I don't know that we have either.

And this isn't an excuse but just an observation - our teams for years have slipped all over the field in wintry conditions, and in Minneapolis was the worst I've ever seen. Yet minny didn't look like they slipped much at all... Do Adidas cleats suck that bad?...

2 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Maybe read the quote...

There is obviously no source or date in the quote.  Source refers to who is reporting what was said, IE what credible source is standing behind the "quote"  and the date is when it was supposed to have been said, usually expressed in some form of calendar date, such as the  Gregorian or Julian calendar.   Get it now?

Otherwise the post is not particularly clear, inferences notwithstanding.

14 hours ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

My concern is that he's ruuning a pac 12 offense and a pac 12 defense in a conference that is the total opposite

First want to say that I agree with your basic premise, for sure.

I could make a good argument by posting clips and analyzing plays that supports the claim that Ohio State is actually running a spread offense that is similar to what quite a few PAC 12 teams do under Ryan Day.

The difference is that their offensive line recruiting, size, development, and preparation is as good as any in the country and this then allows them to run power whenever they feel like it with a 'feature back' type of running back. Their all star offensive line allows them to do this.

I'm a broken record with this, but if guys like Benhart, Banks, & Corcoran stay on/get to campus and stick with this program we'll be a different football team in 2-3 years. I don't mind waiting for that time to come.

I'm excited about those players. But I'm not falling for spring ball/fall camp hype next year, and also in my opinion Chinander has a ton to prove next year.

• Plus1 1

I feel like some of you don't really watch games.

Iowa runs an old school offense and they suck

Wisconsin runs it and they are good

No other team in the conference really runs that old school offense anymore.  I would guess that all the teams (with the exception of two) are in the shotgun over 65% of the time.  

• Plus1 3