OWH: Should we be doubting Frost?

2 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

Based on what though?  As I mentioned replacing 3 oline, leading rusher, wr, and big loss at olb.  Also, still have five games left 3 of those at home, let the season play out.

The irony is the "wait til Frost gets his guys" argument.  Farmer, Foster, Oz and Stan were not his guys.  And we seemed better last year at the end than we have through 7 games this season.  

Definitely  all in on Frost, but reason we should look this bad in year 2.  None.  I think (hope) Frost will really re-evaluate his whole system/process this off season.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, lo country said:

The irony is the "wait til Frost gets his guys" argument.  Farmer, Foster, Oz and Stan were not his guys.  And we seemed better last year at the end than we have through 7 games this season.  

Definitely  all in on Frost, but reason we should look this bad in year 2.  None.  I think (hope) Frost will really re-evaluate his whole system/process this off season.  

Our OL is the obvious weak link though and it still only has 1 Frost guy who's a RsFr. So, he replaced Bo guys with Riley guys which was a downgrade. I hope Frost doesn't change his system or process outside of obvious tweaks until he has his guys to run it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
26 minutes ago, lo country said:

It’s not about waiting for “his” guys.  Farniok is playing out of position.  You have 2 rs frosh starting, Hicson won’t or shouldn’t start again.  I believe we have 2-3 new oline next yr and even farniok may be watching from sideline.  I’m too am concerned by the development and aggression displayed by our oline and wr group specifically, but believe it’s the jimmys and joes not x&o.  My point was more ppl want to believe they’d be good ignoring everything telling them based on fact this yr would be a rebuild off a 4 win team.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
51 minutes ago, lo country said:

I know it was one game riddled with turnovers, but Frost's system got 700 yards against Illinois and Wisconsin didn't. 

I'm holding faith that eventually we'll see a lot more of that kind of offense. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, lo country said:

I would agree with Wyohusker56.....we're literally sifting through the recruiting efforts of 3 different coaches right now.

Frost's first recruiting class was thrown together relatively quickly while he was pulling double duty at UCF.  Some of those guys haven't produced, or like Greg Bell are already gone.  While Frost is still doing some roster flipping, we need to be patient 

Redshirting as many as possible is good for the long term success of the program.....and especially with OL to start building the PIpeline again.

Riley sucked.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
10 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Dang, not favored in any of them? Although beat Indiana and I bet both Purdue and Maryland flip, their a push without the home field at the moment. The home field bump seems fair until we beat someone other than Illinois on the road though.

To be fair, Wisconsin couldn't beat Illinois on the road.

• Plus1 1

On 10/19/2019 at 10:22 PM, lo country said:

And we seemed better last year at the end than we have through 7 games this season.  

When you really stop and think about it, taking the last six games of the year as some significant chunk of time is just as arbitrary as taking games 2-8, 4-10, 3-9, etc., etc. 

You either make a bowl or you don't. You either go 8-4, 9-3, 10-2, or whatever your own threshold is for a good season or you don't. 

Our team was a conference doormat last year. A 4-8 dumpster fire. The only thing that matters is whether we have more wins this year or not.

• Plus1 1