Let it die

Everytime I see one of these posts, it makes me think of a s#!tty parent desperately lobbing empty threats at their kid hoping to change their behavior. 

We shouldn't end the sellout streak.

We should calm the f#&% down, understand that this is year 2 of a complete rebuild and enjoy watching the process. People that crashed from their offseason sugar high dreams need to embrace reality and show a little patience.

Our unity is our strength. We need everyone in this thing pulling in the same direction, fans included. 

The rest of this season is going to be bumpy. Sit back, enjoy the good, don't let the bad f#&% up your week and look forward to brighter days. 

• Plus1 6

On 10/14/2019 at 8:27 PM, UniversalMartin said:

I am beginning to think that the only way we move forward is to let the sellout streak die...are we not actually lying to ourselves each game?

I have seen games lacking butts in seats and yet it is declared a sellout by ticket purchase.

Let's get our 3 Hail Mary's and 4 Our fathers over with and move forward with a clean conscience 

We, apparently, sold our souls for the 90's...so let's cleanse ourselves and move forward 

A more interesting but related topic was brought up by 1620.  How long would it take to sell out the stadium after the sellout streak ended? And how long before the Huskers started a new sellout streak?

The presumption being that there is a sizable minority that goes to the games out of a sense of duty to maintain the streak.  Would they fade away if the streak were to stop?  

When do we get to the point that the state is apathetic toward Husker football?  I know I worry about the kids in school today.  They maybe know about Suh? We’re not Minnesota or Illinois yet.  Still probably another 20 years of suck away from that happening....but we need to get things turned around within the next 5 years IMO.

Scott probably wishes he stayed in Orlando.  Right now I wish he had, just for his sake.  He should be enjoying becoming a dad.  Instead he’s got the pressure of the entire state weighing on his shoulders.  Just sucks all around.

14 hours ago, Random Task said:

Scott probably wishes he stayed in Orlando.  Right now I wish he had, just for his sake.  He should be enjoying becoming a dad.  Instead he’s got the pressure of the entire state weighing on his shoulders.  Just sucks all around.

I'm very confident Scott doesn't wish that. When in his life has Frost backed away from a challenge? This isn't the first time he's come home and faced adversity and he knew that. Also, had Nebraska not been an option he was going to take another P5 opportunity.

• Plus1 1