NBA's America

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

i havent been following.  What is going on?

In the end it is really more just about the NBA protecting its interest in China, which makes sense and it is a smart business move...it just tends to look a bit insane when the NBA coaches and players attack (verbally) the US, which is fine, I don't care, but then they don't seem to have anything to say about China...

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

"s#!t...I know we have f#&%ing problems in America...but damn...I am happy as a can be that I live where I do instead of that godforsaken commie a$$ country...that f#&%ing place is messed up...makes our problems seem much smaller but I still will keep standing up for what I believe in and I hope we can make changes in America to make it even better...but again...f#&% China...also...to the people of China...please go see Space Jam 2 and buy my sneakers."

And then probably ask for some RT's and stuff.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

How should the NBA and players like LeBron be reacting to this story?

“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.” --MLK

This is a quote Lebron tweeted.   This is also the same league that went all in on BLM, about police brutality.   The stars and coaches make political comments about injustice within the Trump presidency.   Now when asked directly about China, they skirt the issue.    They should be just as strong a critic when it could hurt their pocketbook, as they are when it doesn't impact their pocketbook.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 3
3 minutes ago, sho said:

“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.” --MLK

This is a quote Lebron tweeted.   This is also the same league that went all in on BLM, about police brutality.   The stars and coaches make political comments about injustice within the Trump presidency.   Now when asked directly about China, they skirt the issue.    They should be just as strong a critic when it could hurt their pocketbook, as they are when it doesn't impact their pocketbook.

Agreed. It seems there are two standards at play.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, sho said:

This is a quote Lebron tweeted.   This is also the same league that went all in on BLM, about police brutality.   The stars and coaches make political comments about injustice within the Trump presidency.   Now when asked directly about China, they skirt the issue.    They should be just as strong a critic when it could hurt their pocketbook, as they are when it doesn't impact their other people's pocketbook.

I agree with your statement.  This is just how I would have worded it.

It seems like some of these people are fast to jump to criticism that can hurt other people's business or income.....but, when it comes to their own....

So, from what I can deduce here, the NBA and certain players aren’t really concerned about any injustices in the world if and when it may affect their income. Buncha money grubbing whores. I get why they’re going there though. They’ve already alienated a whole bunch of people in the US so they are left trying to appease the Chinese government. I knew there was a reason I quit watching or caring about the NBA a long time ago. Seems to me they’ve carefully chosen their target audience(s) inner city gangbangers and now oppressive communist regimes. I don’t feel sorry for them at all. Sleep in that bed, dicks.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

So, from what I can deduce here, the NBA and certain players aren’t really concerned about any injustices in the world if and when it may affect their income. Buncha money grubbing whores. I get why they’re going there though. They’ve already alienated a whole bunch of people in the US so they are left trying to appease the Chinese government. I knew there was a reason I quit watching or caring about the NBA a long time ago. Seems to me they’ve carefully chosen their target audience(s) inner city gangbangers and now oppressive communist regimes. I don’t feel sorry for them at all. Sleep in that bed, dicks.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2