Bye Week Pressers

Mavric

7 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

I just feel that if you have been implementing your strength and conditioning workouts and nutritional advice since 2017 the progress should be there and noticeable by now with 18-22 year old division 1 college athletes.

Most of the players have improved measurables in strength and conditioning.

That doesn't mean they are playing their run fits properly.

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, TheSker said:

The offensive line still does not look imposing or intimidating in any way. 

There are some guys who definitely look like they've done well, Robinson definitely being one of them, but I don't see a enormous change anywhere else.

21 minutes ago, TheSker said:

One thing I also think we mis is that the team has dramatically improved in their measurable.  BUT it's compared to themselves. Not compared to position groups from Bama, Clemson, LSU etc....No doubt we look better, but it's a closed comparison.  A lot to top tier teams that have great S&C have been getting guys stronger/faster for years.  NU is just into year 2 of caring about S&C.  This could be a factor in performance when you talk about losing "X" number of games in the last few minutes....I don't think you peak in S&C.  It continually improves.  We are much better than 2 years ago, but still probably behind our B1G counterparts.....

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, lo country said:

One thing I also think we mis is that the team has dramatically improved in their measurable.  BUT it's compared to themselves. Not compared to position groups from Bama, Clemson, LSU etc....No doubt we look better, but it's a closed comparison.  A lot to top tier teams that have great S&C have been getting guys stronger/faster for years.  NU is just into year 2 of caring about S&C.  This could be a factor in performance when you talk about losing "X" number of games in the last few minutes....I don't think you peak in S&C.  It continually improves.  We are much better than 2 years ago, but still probably behind our B1G counterparts.....

I absolutely agree and it's why I want Frost to redshirt as many as possible.  The more years and time in S&C, the better.

It matters.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, lo country said:

Also important why we need to slow down the attrition and hold onto kids. So we don’t have to go pickup juco kids to fill holes for a year or 2. We need the kids on the field to have been in the program for years 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Also important why we need to slow down the attrition and hold onto kids. So we don’t have to go pickup juco kids to fill holes for a year or 2. We need the kids on the field to have been in the program for years 

I would agree.  Gotta get the depth in the system, not just filling gaps.  It's a great idea as a stop gap, but I don't think you make a championship run with guys in the system for a year or two....

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Yup, plus the JUCO kids are typically not going to be rated as highly as prep ones (for good reason). Will Honas and Dedrick Mills were ranked #1 at their positions and were only 88 grades. Which is fine enough I guess but better prep recruiting will lead to better class rankings as a general rule.

9 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

The offensive line still does not look imposing or intimidating in any way. 

There are some guys who definitely look like they've done well, Robinson definitely being one of them, but I don't see a enormous change anywhere else.

Unless you have God-like genetics, it takes years for proper training to really show, especially when you're starting with the love handle brigade at o-line

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Swiv3D said:

Unless you have God-like genetics, it takes years for proper training to really show, especially when you're starting with the love handle brigade at o-line

Can't say I agree with this. We've seen Ziggy transform quickly. I myself once dropped 140 pounds in 10 months because I was tired of being fat and out of shape (a divorce kinda motivated me).

• Plus1 2
56 minutes ago, Maized & Confused said:

Can't say I agree with this. We've seen Ziggy transform quickly. I myself once dropped 140 pounds in 10 months because I was tired of being fat and out of shape (a divorce kinda motivated me).

But, that's very different than taking that fat off, but actually gaining a lot of weight with muscle mass.

I have always been able to drop weight fast too.  But, gaining muscle was always difficult.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, that's very different than taking that fat off, but actually gaining a lot of weight with muscle mass.

I have always been able to drop weight fast too.  But, gaining muscle was always difficult.

Losing weight fast is easy. Losing weight without losing muscle is much harder. Gaining straight muscle is even harder. For the regular person training hard you can lose 2-3 pounds per month, but most only gain 0.5-1 pounds per month of muscle. Obviously these guys aren't average but the ratio probably holds. It's 2-3x harder to gain muscle than lose fat. 

• Plus1 2