Bye Week Pressers

Mavric

Just now, teachercd said:

If he graded out well...they graded on a curve.

I thought Vedral played well enough for us to win. Pretty much every other part of the team was a different story. 

I just think more than anything, Vedral playing ought to take heat off AM because people could hopefully see the same crap happened no matter who was in at QB.

But hey, the snaps were better. So hopefully that continues :)

• Plus1 2
Just now, ActualCornHusker said:

I thought Vedral played well enough for us to win. Pretty much every other part of the team was a different story. 

I just think more than anything, Vedral playing ought to take heat off AM because people could hopefully see the same crap happened no matter who was in at QB.

But hey, the snaps were better. So hopefully that continues :)

The snaps were so much better.  

Maybe Cam hates AM?   Ha

• Haha 2
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:35 PM, HuskerPwr said:

I guess I’m in the minority here. I don’t actually expect to see improved play when we plug in the freshmen. They will get meaningful snaps while preserving their redshirt (win-win) but they will make mistakes and commit penalties due to inexperience. Based on statistics others have shared, we literally can’t get much worse in some areas so I don’t expect to see a big drop off in play either. Do most of you really think that the younger players have been outperforming the upperclassmen in practice but the coaches haven’t played them because they want to preserve their redshirt? I’m just not sure.

Ya, if staff really felt those frosh would help us win more I would think we'd see them out there. Plus if our upperclassmen are making fundamental/technical mistakes I would imagine our frosh are too.

Rewatch was brutal, the 40 minute version is on youtube for now. We had 14 plays on their side of the 50 on our first 2 drives. Just stupid things - illegal substitution, a bad block in the back on a huge play. I think by the time Hixson got steamrolled in the second quarter the DT was just living in his head, he was schooling him from the second drive on. Early on we were moving the ball fairly well, but then we'd shoot ourselves in the foot with sacks and penalties. There is no reason to score less than 24 or so on that defense. And then once we lost Wan'Dale it was over, nobody else was stepping up.

• Plus1 2

36 minutes ago, Undone said:

I'm probably a broken record here. But genuinely asking: What is this board's theory as to why Northwestern's linebackers know where to be and why they tackle so well? Because they're so talented? 

In my uninformed opinion it would be because the are coached differently. They're probably coached to stay in their lanes and play within the system. Coach chin always talks about playing aggressive, see ball get ball. Maybe that's why all three middle backers play the same way when it comes to over pursuing. Just a guess.