Honest questions and thoughts about NU

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I knew a coach of a local kid out of Springfield, MO that had a foursome set up by GA's on his Florida visit. He had some..... nice pictures on his phone from that trip.... He was the #1 HS player in the country the year he came out, if anybody wants to do their own research and find out who he was.

DGB... why am I not surprised lol 

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

We don't put any different weight on these kids' shoulders than they do at Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas, or any other big-time program.

I've never understood this argument. If any person in Nebraska wants to follow an NFL team, it's right there. The internet makes it super easy. You can join a forum for your favorite team, watch every game on TV or online, and go to games whenever you want (and can travel).  Nebraska is full of Denver Broncos fans, Chiefs fans, Bears fans, Packers fans, lord knows there's a million Patriots fans here. Not having an NFL team within the borders of this state doesn't affect Husker fandom.

Lincoln is a pretty cool, easy-to-live in town. Recruits who come here are frequently impressed with how you can live here. It's not like living in Chicago or LA or even Minneapolis, but it's not living in the sticks. 

And no person should eat Valentino's, at least not since the 1980s when they went to the buffet model. Their food is way overrated now.

When's the last time you were in Lincoln?  :blink:

Completely agree...I’ve never understood this.  A simple look at a map will tell you that the majority of the states population is around a 3 hour drive to the stadium complex in KC.  Anyone that goes to a chiefs game would see the stadium littered with Nebraska hats and coats(and tons more that like myself think it’s stupid and wear chiefs stuff).  This isn’t that hard.  And the royals even do a “husker night” every year.

• Plus1 1