MLB 2020 Season

Mavric

2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Seems to be the thoughts of many. He was striking out at an alarming rate. Opts out and might try to hope he can get a job next season.

Will be interesting to see if players on garbage teams start to opt out at higher rates as the season goes on. 8-20 team might really need to rely on taxi squad players.

I thought it might be a good opportunity for cusp guys. Except for the very exceptional (trout), it’s a thin line between high double A and an everyday roster guy in the league. Maybe not so much for pitchers, but for position players it is. 

I know people in the Mets organization. Agent is trying to salvage Cespedes reputation and career options by saying it’s Covid. The best thing that could happen to his career is that he actually tests positive. 

he’s a team cancer. 

23 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I thought it might be a good opportunity for cusp guys. Except for the very exceptional (trout), it’s a thin line between high double A and an everyday roster guy in the league. Maybe not so much for pitchers, but for position players it is. 

I know people in the Mets organization. Agent is trying to salvage Cespedes reputation and career options by saying it’s Covid. The best thing that could happen to his career is that he actually tests positive. 

he’s a team cancer. 

Even if it was Covid related, the way he(Yoenis) handled it shows a lot. 

I think some of the bottom dwellers should use this to give their prospects a chance since they cant get time in MILB with it being cancelled. Just dont know how baseball will look in September with teams out of it and concerns on health. Will suck for teams fighting for a Playoff spot that the competition is playing a team tanking.

9 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Even if it was Covid related, the way he(Yoenis) handled it shows a lot. 

I think some of the bottom dwellers should use this to give their prospects a chance since they cant get time in MILB with it being cancelled. Just dont know how baseball will look in September with teams out of it and concerns on health. Will suck for teams fighting for a Playoff spot that the competition is playing a team tanking.

I can’t fault MLB for trying. But when entire teams go down it makes the season meaningless. Even when the team sucks, like Miami. 

Pretty good template for what CFB will through. Only it will be more difficult to herd 100 football players than a mlb roster. 

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

I can’t fault MLB for trying. But when entire teams go down it makes the season meaningless. Even when the team sucks, like Miami. 

Pretty good template for what CFB will through. Only it will be more difficult to herd 100 football players than a mlb roster. 

It just seems like MLB had no plan in place for when this happens... pretty obvious it was going to happen without a true bubble.

Marlins are sitting at 3 games played compared to some teams that are at 9 games played. 

This will happen again to other teams and MLB just sort of has to sit and wait?

25 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

It just seems like MLB had no plan in place for when this happens... pretty obvious it was going to happen without a true bubble.

Marlins are sitting at 3 games played compared to some teams that are at 9 games played. 

This will happen again to other teams and MLB just sort of has to sit and wait?

I’m sure they didn’t have a plan in place. Rob Manfield must be hating life. Just like every other CEO in the world.  

the Marlins should forfeit. Even if MLB can limp through to the end, the results will be invalid. Maybe they should wait until October and have a huge tournament ala travel ball style.