Elijah Cummings has died

ZRod

This is heartbreaking, and even worse is my first thoughts included "I expect tRump will make a fool of himself over this".   I'm hopeful that similar to what we saw with McCain we will see a unification of the house and senate parties as he was a respected man across the aisle as well.  Fingers crossed that something good comes of this man's passing at such an important time.

9 hours ago, NM11046 said:

This is heartbreaking, and even worse is my first thoughts included "I expect tRump will make a fool of himself over this".   I'm hopeful that similar to what we saw with McCain we will see a unification of the house and senate parties as he was a respected man across the aisle as well.  Fingers crossed that something good comes of this man's passing at such an important time.

Unfortunately my first thoughts were the same.  See how despicable trump is and what kind of affect he has on the political discourse.

But then I thought about how Cummings, who I really had not followed that much  previous to his chairmanship on the House committee, was a real standup kind of guy.  He showed heart, compassion, toughness, etc.  Even though I may not like all of his politics, I gained new respect for him during the hearings.    The Dems lost a true warrior and America lost a good statesman. 

• Plus1 1