10 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Don't mind if I do take a free year of this, Verizon. Thank you very much.

Yep, same boat here.  I don't know if I would have tried it out otherwise but I'll definitely check it out this year.  Maybe the kids will like it more and keep it up or even drop Netflix.

From that list @VectorVictor posted, I should be able to unload about 600 Lbs. of Disney DVD’s and VHS tapes and free up a spare bedroom in the house.

This seems like a no-brainer to me. I’ll take advantage of the free year from Verizon and then switch to the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle for $12.99. I’m already paying for Hulu anyway. That’s a whole bunch of content for only another $6/mo. I’ll hang on to Netflix because I like a bunch of their original content. Amazon Prime’s content is a little less desirable currently but prob hang on to it as well for Music, free shipping, and the hope they’ll step up their game to remain competitive.

Does anyone know if ESPN+ provides more live games than you can get on the standard ESPN cable channels? Also their ad lists NHL, anyone know if that’s all the live games or just select games? I do like that it has the full 30 for 30 series.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

From that list @VectorVictor posted, I should be able to unload about 600 Lbs. of Disney DVD’s and VHS tapes and free up a spare bedroom in the house.

This seems like a no-brainer to me. I’ll take advantage of the free year from Verizon and then switch to the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle for $12.99. I’m already paying for Hulu anyway. That’s a whole bunch of content for only another $6/mo. I’ll hang on to Netflix because I like a bunch of their original content. Amazon Prime’s content is a little less desirable currently but prob hang on to it as well for Music, free shipping, and the hope they’ll step up their game to remain competitive.

Does anyone know if ESPN+ provides more live games than you can get on the standard ESPN cable channels? Also their ad lists NHL, anyone know if that’s all the live games or just select games? I do like that it has the full 30 for 30 series.

All of the third tier Big XII games (read: the games we used to pay $29.99 each for via Fox Sports) are on ESPN+ only. They also have multiple international soccer leagues, including the Champions League, Big XII Olympic sports and lower-tier basketball games, and some proprietary series they've created (like one around Les Miles and his journey to Kansas). 

ESPN+ really isn't worth it IMO, unless you're waxing nostalgic for crappy college football games with no defense and s****y officiating. 

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Always make sure to keep an eye out for the Hulu promotional around Thanksgiving.  The wife has paid 24 bucks total for Hulu in 2 years, they have had 99 cent a month hulu around turkey day.  She just cancels her current and uses a new email for it.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

All of the third tier Big XII games (read: the games we used to pay $29.99 each for via Fox Sports) are on ESPN+ only. They also have multiple international soccer leagues, including the Champions League, Big XII Olympic sports and lower-tier basketball games, and some proprietary series they've created (like one around Les Miles and his journey to Kansas). 

ESPN+ really isn't worth it IMO, unless you're waxing nostalgic for crappy college football games with no defense and s****y officiating. 

Yeah, pretty much my assessment of ESPN+ as well.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong on this but I haven't quite figured out why there are seperate subscriptions for ESPN3 and ESPN+

15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, pretty much my assessment of ESPN+ as well.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong on this but I haven't quite figured out why there are seperate subscriptions for ESPN3 and ESPN+

The only thing I've seen on ESPN+ that I want to watch is an occasional hockey game. Looks like they have some original shows and a yearly fee if you want to watch UFC pay-per-views :dunno