Ads inside of threads are too intrusive.

Cdog923

On 2/2/2020 at 8:46 AM, BigRedMax said:

I will get it fixed. May not happen until tomorrow. Working with a new agency.

Remember this promise you gave us? 

On 11/3/2019 at 11:25 AM, BigRedMax said:

It is unfortunate that with the upgrade the programmer I hired twice placed code that put the ads on top of the content. Not a good start and I will see to it that it doesn't happen a third time. 

I wish someone would have taken me up.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:27 AM, Landlord said:

I wanna bet money on this :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Been experiencing another problem for the past few weeks. The page format doesn’t seem to fit any of my screens. On phone and iPad the page width is too wide. If I shrink it (pinch/squeeze) then the whole thing wants to float all over the place. I’d bet dollars to donuts is has to do with some adjustment made to make sure ads cover 40% of the visible area. The whole site is basically trash and pretty much sucks.

• Thanks 3

@blackshirt-admin  Here ya go. 

57A45BA1-FC66-438B-A271-818FEDCC9661.png

Notice how the right side just doesn’t quite fit on the screen.

I can’t pinch/squeeze it to be any narrower And, as it is, it floats back and forth, left to right.

And as an aside, that bottom banner ad is a total PITA. It blocks another good portion of the screen and often when you try to type a reply the friggin thing covers the entire entry box. You’re basically typing blind.

2 hours ago, BigRedMax said:

The politics ad have been blocked site wide and the screen squeezing problem should be resolved. 

We also did a site optimization that has improved the site loading speed. 

Somebody may want to double check that “optimization” effort. A new problem is that posts cannot be edited. Hit the edit button and it asks for a reason why, no option or possibility to actual edit.

On the plus side, my screen now fits and doesn’t float.

• Plus1 1

I’ve been on here for years, mostly lurking, but I would post every now and then. With all of these ads, I think I’m done. I don’t mind some ads, it’s a free site, I get it. But this is ridiculous. There’s more ads than content at this point. I don’t even like coming here any more. Look at my phone screen lol

E120BFD8-682A-4B16-8B05-4666C14FA520.png

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4