Ads inside of threads are too intrusive.

Cdog923

@BigRedMax It's been two weeks since I posted my issue on the previous page. I've literally been able to use the quote function once i  that amount of time because it was just peaking over the blank ad space. What can be done  to fix this?

Also, I just saw an anti Bernie Sanders ad in this thread, so political ads are still around...

15 minutes ago, Landlord said:

anyone else get the feeling he's not actually fixing any of this and fine to let us all leave and get more traffic to huskermax?

I am pretty sure anyone leaving this board after dealing with his "improvements" and "optimizations" will NOT be going to huskermax.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, Landlord said:

anyone else get the feeling he's not actually fixing any of this and fine to let us all leave and get more traffic to huskermax?

That is not the case. The Invision software platform is finicky and hard to deal with. It has been a learning experience and my first consideration when purchasing the site was to migrate to Xenforo which is what is on HuskerMax. Based on feedback I kept the Invision platform and will continue to keep it. 

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

@BigRedMax It's been two weeks since I posted my issue on the previous page. I've literally been able to use the quote function once i  that amount of time because it was just peaking over the blank ad space. What can be done  to fix this?

Also, I just saw an anti Bernie Sanders ad in this thread, so political ads are still around...

Sent you a PM. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/10/2020 at 3:01 PM, Landlord said:

Who knows.  Good chance dissolve & disband HuskerBoard?  Classic "404 NOT FOUND".  BTW, member of HuskerMAX.  Same user, Hooked on Huskers.

Anyway, I used to be a regular Huskerboard posts but now days, only 3 or 4 posts per year.

• 4 months later...

17 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

How about this one?  The ad the appears at the bottom center and sticks up and covers up the posts. It shows an X in the upper right hand corner, but surprise --- it's not active. You can't delete it.  It's bad on my laptop and renders my mobile experience useless. I now hate every advertiser on this site.

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 7.50.46 AM.png

I have one like that with a "Hide" button that doesn't work. It's almost always there.

• 1 month later...

So what's the deal with the floating banner ad at the bottom? Now it seems like every other ad doesn't have the button to close it. This is screwing up a function of the board (as I've mentioned before) because it covers up notifications for new posts in the thread you are viewing and messages and whatnot. Can't you just stick another ad on the side and get rid of this floating banner nonsense? 

Little screenshot for reference. No X in the corner to close this 

537071474_NOx.thumb.jpg.6850fce8eec5aae7c089fb9a4a60b545.jpg