Ads inside of threads are too intrusive.

Cdog923

Max, I understand you need to make money to keep the doors open here. But ever since you’ve acquired the board we’ve had more bugs, glitches, AD pop-ups, etc in that time frame than the rest of the years I’ve been on the board combined. There is a lot of short term patches and I get you can’t know a problem is occurring until it’s reported to you. But what is the long term plan to keep these incidents from popping up at the frequency they’ve been occurring at? It’s frustrating. I’ve posted for so long here but if I didn’t build so many great relationships on this site I would go to multiple other sites before this one. It’s got to be stymying new members from staying on this board, no? Let alone guests. They would never come back.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
2 minutes ago, Decked said:

Max, I understand you need to make money to keep the doors open here. But ever since you’ve acquired the board we’ve had more bugs, glitches, AD pop-ups, etc in that time frame than the rest of the years I’ve been on the board combined. There is a lot of short term patches and I get you can’t know a problem is occurring until it’s reported to you. But what is the long term plan to keep these incidents from popping up at the frequency they’ve been occurring at? It’s frustrating. I’ve posted for so long here but if I didn’t build so many great relationships on this site I would go to multiple other sites before this one. It’s got to be stymying new members from staying on this board, no? Let alone guests. They would never come back.  

I agree that the ad issues are a problem. Trying to find that happy medium has been an ongoing challenge. The costs have gone up while the revenue has gone down. I have asked the ad ops to disable this latest Google Ads feature and not restore it for now. I appreciate your patience. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

On 1/25/2024 at 10:49 AM, BigRedMax said:

I agree that the ad issues are a problem. Trying to find that happy medium has been an ongoing challenge. The costs have gone up while the revenue has gone down. I have asked the ad ops to disable this latest Google Ads feature and not restore it for now. I appreciate your patience. 

Thank you.  Back to good.