Ads inside of threads are too intrusive.

Cdog923

Here's a new one: one of the right margin ads starts playing a commercial that you didn't activate and can't turn off. As long as you have the HuskerBoard tab open, it will keep doing this every few minutes. For the first couple weeks I had no idea where it was coming from, just loud audio coming out of my computer speaker. Finally traced it to a small space ad on HuserkBoard. Pretty intrusive and obnoxious. 

This particular ad is for Tahoe Northstar, a ski resort. 

• Plus1 2

On 1/17/2022 at 9:33 AM, BigRedMax said:

The only way I can block it is if you click on the ad and send me the URL of the click through. There are not supposed to be any sound on ads but there are rogue agencies that sneak them in. 

This is what I get when I click on the ad. It rotates between two Lake Tahoe ski resorts. It's not the first time this has happened, just the first time I've complained.

The video pops up between display ads, then disappears when it's over. The logo DNA is in the upper right hand corner. 

https://www.kirkwood.com/plan-your-trip/lift-access/tickets.aspx?CMPID_VID_PROSG_000_0000_KW_RVS_VID_AVC_TOP_LIFT0&nclid=g_1oCVifM_cuEKoNAh73LSbj-8A9ygdAW2dd5EWajFlX7tCr9kiDdubfoPYrsLeG

• Plus1 1

I am getting something similar.  A couple weeks ago it was about 1 of every 20 pages I clicked on I got an audio add (seemed to be Disney related).  Now its about 1 in 5 times.  The latest one was for a ski resort in Colorado (Steamboat maybe?).

And not only is there audio, but the audio is FREAKING LOUD compared to what music/podcast is playing on my computer.  And there is no way to mute it or get it to stop.

39 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I am getting something similar.  A couple weeks ago it was about 1 of every 20 pages I clicked on I got an audio add (seemed to be Disney related).  Now its about 1 in 5 times.  The latest one was for a ski resort in Colorado (Steamboat maybe?).

And not only is there audio, but the audio is FREAKING LOUD compared to what music/podcast is playing on my computer.  And there is no way to mute it or get it to stop.

It's embarrassing when you're in a Zoom meeting and people think you're paying attention. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

On 1/17/2022 at 11:33 AM, BigRedMax said:

The only way I can block it is if you click on the ad and send me the URL of the click through. There are not supposed to be any sound on ads but there are rogue agencies that sneak them in. 

This is an extremely annoying ad.  Many people look at this website at work....then all of a sudden it's playing music and you have no way of turning it off.

This isn't in the thread but it's everywhere I guess. I'm now getting a floating banner and across the bottom and top of the page on mobile. Makes it impossible to navigate. I will try to upload a pic if I can get the size adjusted

Edit: 2nd one is when I was trying to add the files lol

Screenshot_20220120-160157_Chrome.thumb.jpg.27b0852c263f20d1f7a26b08a9b9ff30.jpgScreenshot_20220120-160847_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9a86ddfe8a8a0d6a5660be3795dc7c43.jpg

Edited by GSG
8 hours ago, Red Five said:

Yeah, mine is also for ski resorts. These are tailored to where we live. 

I'm still getting the unsolicited audio. 

2 hours ago, GSG said:

This isn't in the thread but it's everywhere I guess. I'm now getting a floating banner and across the bottom and top of the page on mobile. Makes it impossible to navigate. I will try to upload a pic if I can get the size adjusted

Edit: 2nd one is when I was trying to add the files lol

Screenshot_20220120-160157_Chrome.thumb.jpg.27b0852c263f20d1f7a26b08a9b9ff30.jpgScreenshot_20220120-160847_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9a86ddfe8a8a0d6a5660be3795dc7c43.jpg

It's virtually unusable on my iPhone, but HuskerBoard isn't alone in that respect.