Ads inside of threads are too intrusive.

Cdog923

On 1/31/2023 at 7:29 PM, BigRedMax said:

I'm working on it. May have to hire a programmer so I don't break the site. 

The ad was gone for about 2 days, and then the white box showed up. The box doesn't block the panel, but it does cover part of the panel. I could still see the updates, so it wasn't that big of a problem. Now the whole ad is back, covering everything.

• 1 month later...

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have nothing to add, but I also get "edge" at the bottom of the screen for past few weeks (PC).  But also, when it goes away it immediately pops up on the left side of the screen, completely vertical and covers the posters in threads.  It actually covers 1/3rd of the screen.  :(

I don't click the x to close things.  Because I know that's what they want, and I don't give my cookies or searching history away just because of that.  

As I type this on my PC it's hovering on the left side. 

So yeah, look into the "edge" ad some more.  Or not.  It's your site.  But it's their intrusion that is good for them and benefits you as well, I suppose.  

• Plus1 3

This "edge" on the bottom of the screen and "infolinks" on the top is brutal.  Between the two nearly half the screen is covered at any given time.  I'm pretty sure they're here to stay but this is the feedback forum and right now this board is about annoying as weather.com ....lol. :thumbs

• TBH 2