Attrition apparently already starting.

Cdog923

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

The problem I have with this argument is we have no idea if any coach could have back to back 10 win years with the team Frost inherited. The hypothetical doesn't work for me - I believe for Frost to win 10 games, Riley's recruiting/retention/development would have had to have been better. In that case obviously people wouldn't bring it up, but that's because it wouldn't have been an issue if it was better. But it was bad, which is why (among other reasons) we didn't win 10 games.

Yep

Just now, twofittyonred said:

Really..??   I agree he has bought in and has improved but still a liability back there in my opinion..

Bootle used to be our lock-down cover corner. This year, that's Lamar.

The one thing I'll say is this: I think Lamar does best in press man coverage, but he struggles when he has to play off and come up to make the play. But he's played really well, and not sure if you saw, but he was recently projected as a 1st rd NFL pick...

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'd rank Cam Taylor-Britt as our best defender. Name another player who has performed better this year than Lamar

I like Cam minus last week when he forgot how to tackle.. I'm not a big fan of bootle as well but ill take him over Lamar all day..  I'd love to see a break down of his blown coverage vs break ups..  JMO.

21 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'd rank Cam Taylor-Britt as our best defender. Name another player who has performed better this year than Lamar

that's probably not as difficult as you might think.

he, #7, and #22 are constantly targeted in the run game with success. the entire d-line has played better, and the safeties have played better as well. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Jackson has been burnt a few times this season, and does not like contact. It happens every game where he doesn't come to hit. Stats are usually useless as a CB. Prince and Dennard both had 0 INTs their SR seasons but both were great college corners. Jackson for sure has improved though from past seasons. 

Taylor-Britt, Khalil Davis, Darrion, and JoJo have been better if you're asking me. But that doesn't say much on a real bad defense. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, thatguy said:

that's probably not as difficult as you might think.

he, #7, and #22 are constantly targeted in the run game with success. the entire d-line has played better, and the safeties have played better as well. 

There's argument for the dline, but I don't think it's a given. It's tough to compare different position groups - way easier to notice a DB's mistake than a dlineman, a lot of times we don't even know what the lineman's responsibilities are on a given play. The safeties are not playing better, they were both pretty bad against Minnesota overall.

Just now, BIG ERN said:

Taylor-Britt, Khalil Davis, Darrion, and JoJo have been better if you're asking me. But that doesn't say much on a real bad defense. 

I'd probably group them, like I said above it's tough to compare across postion groups. I think Darrion, Jojo, and Lamar have been our best 3 with Taylor-Britt and Stille/Davis twins not far behind. But I feel like Jojo has been disappearing a little bit, probably as teams adjust to how we're using him. And Khalil is probably on thin ice, a stupid personal foul your first game after being suspended is a bad look.

Jackson is not a good tackler, this is true. But I don't think he's any worse than our other corners for tackling, and his coverage has been by far the best this year. He's definitely blown a few, but so have the other guys.