Tannor - Starter

Smith - Not on team

Honas - Basically Starter

Williams - Would be starter

Alston - Likely bust

Taylor- Stud

Rogers - Pushing PT on stacked line

Clark - #3 CB pushing PT

Seems like at some point the calvery is coming on D. Take those signees and tack on what we grabbed in 19 and have committed in 20 we have alot of solid propects on defense  

19:

Ty Robinson:FourStar:

Noa Pola-Gates:FourStar:

Nick Henrick:FourStar:

Juco Jakeem Green:FourStar:

Quinton Newsome

Garrett Nelson

Myles Farmer

Jackson Hannah

Garrett Snodgrass

Jamin Graham

Javin Wright

Mosai Newsom

2020 class

Henry Gray:FourStar:

Blaise Gunnerson

Nash Hutchmasher

Marquise Black

Tamon Lymon 

Ronald Delancy III 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

Who said anything about weightlifters?  Or is that just another one of your cutesy replies when you don’t have anything relevant to say. 

You literally said physical attributes is what he has.

I agree.

And that doesn't make him a good linebacker.

#relevance

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
14 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

Except that Mo Barry absolutely does have the ability to play at an all conference level. But his fundamentals and discipline are non existent. Half the plays the offfense doesn’t even need to block him because he takes himself out of the play.  Maybe he doesn’t have the mental ability to be at that level, that we can’t tell by watching, but the physical attributes are there. 

I'm not sure they are, I guess. He seems slow and his lateral movement is meh. He's not overly strong. I really feel he excels at getting to plays late and then strutting around like he's King Kong when he actually makes very little impact when he's on the field. I think his attitude is awesome and he's a hard worker with a lot of passion, but I have seen nothing that makes me believe he has the gifts to be any better than the mediocre linebacker he has become. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

You literally said physical attributes is what he has.

I agree.

And that doesn't make him a good linebacker.

#relevance

I said he has the physical attributes of a LB but lacks fundamentals and discipline. 

Last I looked, when they list the physical traits of a player, like speed or size, I’ve never seen weightlifting listed. 

20 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

Except that Mo Barry absolutely does have the ability to play at an all conference level. But his fundamentals and discipline are non existent. Half the plays the offfense doesn’t even need to block him because he takes himself out of the play.  Maybe he doesn’t have the mental ability to be at that level, that we can’t tell by watching, but the physical attributes are there. 

Right on

6 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

I'm not sure they are, I guess. He seems slow and his lateral movement is meh. He's not overly strong. I really feel he excels at getting to plays late and then strutting around like he's King Kong when he actually makes very little impact when he's on the field. I think his attitude is awesome and he's a hard worker with a lot of passion, but I have seen nothing that makes me believe he has the gifts to be any better than the mediocre linebacker he has become. 

He’s far from slow, in fact a little slower. might help him overrun a few less plays. And when in position he makes pretty good plays. 

But, if he is in fact slow and weak, then why was he covering Indiana’s best wide receiver one one Saturday. Coaches must not think he’s slow. 

1 hour ago, Undone said:

Agreed - it doesn't necessarily make me right at all. Earlier this morning I told @TheSker that it'll take a minimum of four seasons total to really have a solid pulse on whether or not Chinander's scheme/coaching/development are inferior or not.

@BIG ERN and I have made arguments as to why Chinander's scheme and alignments fall short and could be very correctable, both in-season and even in-game. I have a feeling that you strongly disagree, and it's ok to just agree to disagree here...right?

Actually, what you left out of your argument is that we completely base changed our defense under Riley and it’s still carried over for a lot of our recruits. Stille was originally a 4-3 end, the Davis brothers were and still are 4-3 DTs.

3 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

But, if he is in fact slow and weak, then why was he covering Indiana’s best wide receiver one one Saturday. Coaches must not think he’s slow. 

Because mediocre with a good attitude and 5 years of experience and leadership is the best we've got. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, CalhounHusker said:

Actually, what you left out of your argument is that we completely base changed our defense under Riley and it’s still carried over for a lot of our recruits. Stille was originally a 4-3 end, the Davis brothers were and still are 4-3 DTs.

So with good coaching and development, Ben can't be a serviceable defensive end in the 3-4? Is that your point?

He's 6'5 and weighed 235 coming out of high school. Meaning, on the lighter side. Look at him now - he was asked to gain a ton of weight and he did. They could have kept him a little leaner and quicker but we chose not to. What is the point you're making? 

48 minutes ago, Undone said:

So with good coaching and development, Ben can't be a serviceable defensive end in the 3-4? Is that your point?

He's 6'5 and weighed 235 coming out of high school. Meaning, on the lighter side. Look at him now - he was asked to gain a ton of weight and he did. They could have kept him a little leaner and quicker but we chose not to. What is the point you're making? 

The point is Chinander, and apparently Duval, suck at what they do.

On 10/20/2019 at 4:30 PM, Stumpy1 said:

Washington and McQuitty are 2 that I heard are leaving.  Miles Jones also got brought up.  

I will believe it when I see it officially. 

I was hoping it wasnt gonna happen but 2 out of 3 so far.  Still hearing McQuitty and possibly a very important D player also.  

• Plus1 1