Attrition apparently already starting.

Cdog923

57 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Let me start by saying I havent heard any of the rumors going around but if it involves a defensive player, my money is on one of the Davis twins. Apparently they got into it with some of the coaches.

Not sure if that hurts more than for this years depth. 

I wouldnt be shocked if we had some issues with getting buy in from the Davis twins. 

I believe what happened was Carlos got the penalty for roughing the passer and Frost yelled at Khalil and he yelled back saying it wasnt him. They said they have made up after that but you never know for sure I guess. 

I can only think of maybe two guys on this team where it really seems like it would be that big of a deal if they left. Maybe one other that would be a shocker, I guess, but I don't know if he's really that irreplaceable. And one other... it would be more of a surprise that he didn't leave sooner.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, knapplc said:

Man, this is the hot topic around Husker nation right now. Everyone's looking for a reason why this season went off the rails.

Attrition is a huge factor. Inconsistency is a huge factor. And want to is a huge factor.

While it's hard to stomach watching a defense fold over and over, it's easier to understand when you see the chaos some of these guys have gone through in their career:

I love following Chaz. He lays things out, and he's a solid thinker. If you're on the twitter, follow him.

That second tweet is crazy. Three different Defensive Coordinators for these guys = three different schemes.

Four different DL coaches.

Two or three different LB coaches.

Four or five different secondary coaches.

I don't care how many stars followed you out of high school, that's a lot of learning, unlearning and relearning to do in a four/five year span. 

So what are you trying to say? Get more players or fire coaches? 

/s

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

We might even need to start looking at other planets....

I wonder what sort of talent we could find in Uranus....

God I am stupid. Sorry folks, this is the best I can provide.....

This is the best that we deserve.

• Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

So, are you ever going to share this? haha

Sorry, I am not. It potentially deals with personal information about a player.

If the player ever chooses to disclose what I *think* I know, I'll confirm that's what this was about.

EDIT

I know people are curious, but you can save yourself the trouble of PMing me. I'm not going to talk about it at all.  There's no harm in anyone asking.