Attrition apparently already starting.

Cdog923

5 hours ago, FAR2BLAZED said:

Unless you have a specific reason for creeping players parents Twitters do you feel special someone finally recognized the lowlife loser burner account you use to push drama? You finally get something you can stir the pot with there bud? Feel good about yourself?

Huh? Saw it referenced on another board. Don’t know what the hell else you’re talking about.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Agree on Daniels. We won’t miss this kind of effort from 21.

How the hell do we end up blaming Jackson for not hustling to maybe drag the guy down at the 1 when we have one safety miss the tackle to prevent the first down, and the other completely whiff to save the TD two steps later? Yes, Jackson should be hustling more here. But people are delusional if they think he was any part of the problem on this play. Name me a player other than Mo Barry and I will find you a similar play where they do something similar. Again, I wish he was running to the ball here too, our whole defense needs to do that. But when both of the safeties have a slow TE dead to rights, maybe it's not the CBs fault.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

How the hell do we end up blaming Jackson for not hustling to maybe drag the guy down at the 1 when we have one safety miss the tackle to prevent the first down, and the other completely whiff to save the TD two steps later? Yes, Jackson should be hustling more here. But people are delusional if they think he was any part of the problem on this play. Name me a player other than Mo Barry and I will find you a similar play where they do something similar. Again, I wish he was running to the ball here too, our whole defense needs to do that. But when both of the safeties have a slow TE dead to rights, maybe it's not the CBs fault.

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.  This is why other teams get "lucky" when one of our guys fumble the ball and someone is there to pick it up.  You never know what is going to happen so you don't give up on plays.  Maybe he gets over there in time to strip the ball out?  Maybe the TE just drops the ball for no reason.  But he we would have just been able to pick it back up himself.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
Just now, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.  This is why other teams get "lucky" when one of our guys fumble the ball and someone is there to pick it up.  You never know what is going to happen so you don't give up on plays.  Maybe he gets over there in time to strip the ball out?  Maybe the TE just drops the ball for no reason.  But he we would have just been able to pick it back up himself.  

Right, and like I said he does need to hustle there. But if that's the takeaway from this play and not the 2 easy tackles missed, people are just looking for reasons to bash Jackson. It is clearly a bad play on his part, but it's embarrassingly bad for the safeties.

• Plus1 8
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Right, and like I said he does need to hustle there. But if that's the takeaway from this play and not the 2 easy tackles missed, people are just looking for reasons to bash Jackson. It is clearly a bad play on his part, but it's embarrassingly bad for the safeties.

Amen.

20 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

It is, however, part of what is wrong with the ENTIRE team. Nobody out there wants to take everybody's head off every single play. Everybody is "trying," but nobody is "trying to kill," and it shows.. Every Saturday

• Thanks 3
33 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I Agree with this sentiment.  It wasn’t Jackson’s fault they scored.  But it’s possible the poster was using Jackson’s effort on this play as a microcosm if our entire Defensive effort this season.  I see it far too often that the defense has a Union work attitude, Not MY Job.  Meaning Jackson did his job on that play by covering his receiver.  Not his job to tackle the guy who caught it.  

But how how about adopting the attitude of hey I did my job, and now my job is over so I’m gonna bust my tail to be in position to help out my teammate in case he fails.  Be relentless to the ball after you have done your job.  Even the announcers were saying how awful the defense was at effort plays.  I feel our players don’t seem hungry to get to the ball 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

I Agree with this sentiment.  It wasn’t Jackson’s fault they scored.  But it’s possible the poster was using Jackson’s effort on this play as a microcosm if our entire Defensive effort this season.  I see it far too often that the defense has a Union work attitude, Not MY Job.  Meaning Jackson did his job on that play by covering his receiver.  Not his job to tackle the guy who caught it.  

But how how about adopting the attitude of hey I did my job, and now my job is over so I’m gonna bust my tail to be in position to help out my teammate in case he fails.  Be relentless to the ball after you have done your job.  Even the announcers were saying how awful the defense was at effort plays.  I feel our players don’t seem hungry to get to the ball 

I'd settle for the bolded part honestly. But yeah, I get what you're saying. The author of the tweet was pretty specifically targeting Jackson though, and yet the announcers were talking about Stille and I can't call Dismuke's tackle attempt a "good effort." I'm just tired of the Jackson hate - he is not perfect, but yesterday he was our best defender and maybe best player. But somehow to some people he will always be everything that is wrong with our defense.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

I'd settle for the bolded part honestly. But yeah, I get what you're saying. The author of the tweet was pretty specifically targeting Jackson though, and yet the announcers were talking about Stille and I can't call Dismuke's tackle attempt a "good effort." I'm just tired of the Jackson hate - he is not perfect, but yesterday he was our best defender and maybe best player. But somehow to some people he will always be everything that is wrong with our defense.

I agree with you.  He is was he is and it’s not gonna change.  He’s turned into a pretty good cover corner, but not gonna do much else.  If everyone else played their position as well as him, we would have a better defense in general but the effort overall would stink :) 

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Just a thought here, and maybe it’s completely wrong, who knows. 

I think we all know that our fundamentals are poor, pretty much across board, but especially tackling.  That has been talked about and pointed out so much that it’s become the standard. We’re used to seeing it. So the two missed tackles, while I’m sure were noticed, just weren’t worth bringing up again when right next to the miss was a perfect example of the lack of “want to” that this team has. 

I know when I was coaching, while physical mistakes, ie a missed tackle, are aggravating, at least they  were making an effort. It’s when there was no effort at all...

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

I think we all know that our fundamentals are poor, pretty much across board, but especially tackling.  That has been talked about and pointed out so much that it’s become the standard. We’re used to seeing it. So the two missed tackles, while I’m sure were noticed, just weren’t worth bringing up again when right next to the miss was a perfect example of the lack of “want to” that this team has. Maybe?

Maybe. But when it's the same people always bringing up Jackson, maybe they just don't like him. And I don't think the fact that poor fundamentals and tackling has "become standard" is a reason to go find something else to blame - it's both. And I'm just not willing to say well we should've expected the missed tackles, so the real problem here is the 3rd guy not hustling enough. It is a problem, mostly team-wide I might add, but it doesn't absolve the bad tackling.

• Plus1 1
Just now, 3rd and long said:

I think we all know that our fundamentals are poor, pretty much across board, but especially tackling.  That has been talked about and pointed out so much that it’s become the standard. We’re used to seeing it. So the two missed tackles, while I’m sure were noticed, just weren’t worth bringing up again when right next to the miss was a perfect example of the lack of “want to” that this team has. Maybe?

Two things we have become accustomed to is poor fundamentals and poor OL play.  There's a guy in the NFL ranks thought highly of as an OL coach, but while he was here poor Zac Taylor took an absolute pounding behind poor OL play.  Why?  Why through four coaching staffs can't we get this figured out?  I think there's a lot of mistrust in that locker room.  Guys not only don't trust one another, but they aren't trusting the coaches either.  You could almost see the I don't give a rats from the defense after they put the offense in excellent positions in the first half only to come up empty.  The Davis twins were recruited by Bo, played for Riley, and now are playing for Frost.  We are what we are because of revolving door coaching.  There is talent on this team, but it is easy to see why we're seeing what we're seeing.  We haven't had stability from top to bottom for a long, long time.  Firing assistants at season's end seems to me to be about the worst thing we could do.

3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Maybe. But when it's the same people always bringing up Jackson, maybe they just don't like him. And I don't think the fact that poor fundamentals and tackling has "become standard" is a reason to go find something else to blame - it's both. And I'm just not willing to say well we should've expected the missed tackles, so the real problem here is the 3rd guy not hustling enough. It is a problem, mostly team-wide I might add, but it doesn't absolve the bad tackling.

I added a little more to my post while you were quoting. Maybe adds a little more context to my thought process on it. 

Jackson is an enigma this year to me. I think he improved greatly in his cover skills (outside of the Indiana game) and I defended him pretty vigorously earlier in the year because of it. I think we all know he’s not a “hiitter” or even a tackler. That’s pretty well established. We know what we’re getting there. But the just standing around watching, that’s just bad. 

Nothing absolves the bad tackling. But it’s how we are right now. BUT, if Jackson puts forth ANY effort there he could have prevented the touchdown (notice I said could have, there is still the fact he would have had to actually made the tackle), and who knows what might happen on the next play.