Attrition apparently already starting.

Cdog923

1 minute ago, BigPeterJ said:

Look to the draft experts for that.  From what ive heard Lamar is first 2 or 3 rounds.  Daniels im not sure, but he is by far in our top 2 on defense.  Who do you project to get drafted on our team ahead of Daniels or Jackson?? 

Lamar will be drafted on frame alone. Not sure if anyone else will, or even should be drafted.

15 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Sometimes players conserve energy when they dont feel its needed.  Anyone who has played any sport knows, that at times almost any player will choose to conserve energy if they feel its not needed at a particular point.  If you go 100% ALL the time, your 100% isnt as dynamic at other times.  Its just part of it, unless your one of the few people who have an unlimited energy supply. 

I regress though,   regardless of how you feel about that, my point is we do lose our best 2 defenders.  Jackson is certainly our best in the secondary, and without him back their we are much worse.  Also imagine this D-line without Daniels  (who is double teamed most games btw, as a different poster failed to realize).  Without Daniels the rest of our d-line looks worse than it already does.  Daniels is a beast, and im not sure how that other poster fails to realize this.  He gets doubled quite often and still makes plays.

I’d take Darrion Daniels any day on the line. Great attitude and plays hard. I’m a little conflicted on Lamar. He has played very well at times this season and maybe could step up the physicality other times.  With the right coaching, he could be a good NFL corner. He certainly has the athleticism. 

2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I’d take Darrion Daniels any day on the line. Great attitude and plays hard. I’m a little conflicted on Lamar. He has played very well at times this season and maybe could step up the physicality other times.  With the right coaching, he could be a good NFL corner. He certainly has the athleticism. 

Agree.  You couldnt ask much more from Daniels.  He is my favorite player on our team, always high energy, driven, attitude is great, great leader.  Lamar may not have the attitude of Daniels, but i do think he plays hard.  I think he just picks his moments in a way.  Nothing is wrong with that in my opinion depending on what your engine is.  I know when i played, i didnt have the endurance to go 100% every second...it just wasnt in me.  If i did, i wouldnt have the burst to make a dynamic play when the opportunity came my way.  I think many "fast-twitch" athletes are this way.  Watch some of the best players in any sport and this is true, even of the best.  There is a difference between playing hard, and playing smart.  Part of playing smart is actually not wasting energy when you dont have to, just to make yourself look like your playing hard for example.  I think fans that have never played, dont realize this.  Energy supply is not unlimited.  There is a reason Sprinters cant keep a 10 second 100 yard dash pace for 2 miles.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Agree.  You couldnt ask much more from Daniels.  He is my favorite player on our team, always high energy, driven, attitude is great, great leader.  Lamar may not have the attitude of Daniels, but i do think he plays hard.  I think he just picks his moments in a way.  Nothing is wrong with that in my opinion depending on what your engine is.  I know when i played, i didnt have the endurance to go 100% every second...it just wasnt in me.  If i did, i wouldnt have the burst to make a dynamic play when the opportunity came my way.  I think many "fast-twitch" athletes are this way.  Watch some of the best players in any sport and this is true, even of the best.  There is a difference between playing hard, and playing smart.  Part of playing smart is actually not wasting energy when you dont have to, just to make yourself look like your playing hard for example.  I think fans that have never played, dont realize this.  Energy supply is not unlimited.  There is a reason Sprinters cant keep a 10 second 100 yard dash pace for 2 miles.

Good insight. Appreciate it!

1 hour ago, BigPeterJ said:

Look to the draft experts for that.  From what ive heard Lamar is first 2 or 3 rounds.  Daniels im not sure, but he is by far in our top 2 on defense.  Who do you project to get drafted on our team ahead of Daniels or Jackson?? 

I don't see any of them as a significant prospect.  That is part of our problem.  Our very best players aren't but vapors on draft boards.

33 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I don't see any of them as a significant prospect.  That is part of our problem.  Our very best players aren't but vapors on draft boards.

I think you'll be surprised by both - there are not many guys 340 lbs who can move like Daniels. But I really thought Morgan and Ozigbo were mid-late rounders at least, so I could definitely be wrong. 

12 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

When do you project Daniels will get drafted?  What about Lamar?

A lot is going to depend on the combine but if Daniels tests well I wouldn't be stunned to see him get drafted in the Vincent Valentine territory which was the 3rd round.  As another poster mentioned, dudes that are that big and move that well get snatched up pretty quickly.  

If Jackson tests well and shows out at the Senior Bowl/post season stuff I think the 2nd round is attainable.

• Plus1 1