Attrition apparently already starting.

Cdog923

14 minutes ago, MLB 51 said:

It's not behind a pay wall.

Our recruiting needs to seriously pick up, or we are in big trouble.

Why? We have the highest star rating in years this season. We need to finish strong but we are recruiting well. There are holes but theres only so much you can do in one cycle. They went big on lineman last cycle

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Why? We have the highest star rating in years this season. We need to finish strong but we are recruiting well. There are holes but theres only so much you can do in one cycle. They went big on lineman last cycle

That highest star rating is going to plummet due to the fact we are missing on our top targets at the moment and will soon have to grabbing mid to low three star recruits.

• Plus1 5
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

#s are the big issue; we should have more than 13 commits at this point in the season. 

I wish we had more commits.  But, I'm not in panic mode like some seem to think.  It's early November and people are acting like it's the last week in March.  Yes, the early signing period is a month away.  But, that's the early signing period.  That doesn't mean there aren't going to be any good recruits later.  

And, we still could get some more for this signing period.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, yes, 20 on the team with 12 of them being Freshmen or Sophomores.  

This breakdown is not correct.  It still is showing players that are no longer on the team. Lightborn and A. Anderson to name a couple.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

That highest star rating is going to plummet due to the fact we are missing on our top targets at the moment and will soon have to grabbing mid to low three star recruits.

That is debateable. We are missing targets but i've seen this staff pull recruiting tricks out of the hat. We can still finish strong on the trail imo.

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

#s are the big issue; we should have more than 13 commits at this point in the season. 

Yes but 9-10 commits between now and signing day is doable. Things will heat up in December and I expect some left field wins on the trail because the staff has pulled a few thus far in their time here. I expect to finish with a good class still

Just now, soup said:

This breakdown is not correct.  It still is showing players that are no longer on the team. Lightborn and A. Anderson to name a couple.

Mo Wash, Camron Jones

9 hours ago, The Maudfather said:

Not a chance in hell. 21 will not be drafted in the first 5 rounds. 

Curious why you think he won't. The people criticizing his effort are exaggerating a lot, and hell Nick Gates was drafted. Do you think Stanley Jean Baptiste was a better corner than Lamar? Similar size, similar production (although Lamar has a year and a half of it, SJB only had one), and I'd bet Lamar runs faster than SJB's 4.61. He went in the 2nd round.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Curious why you think he won't. The people criticizing his effort are exaggerating a lot, and hell Nick Gates was drafted. Do you think Stanley Jean Baptiste was a better corner than Lamar? Similar size, similar production (although Lamar has a year and a half of it, SJB only had one), and I'd bet Lamar runs faster than SJB's 4.61. He went in the 2nd round.

Also lets not forget about the fact he is literally being projected as a first round pick right now. Who do I trust more on a players ability, a fan of the team or people who scout football players for a living? 

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, soup said:

9 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Mo Wash, Camron Jones

So, Anderson (senior) and Washington are the only 4*s that are listed that are either not on the team or questionable.  Washington still is in the "questionable" category.  I don't see Camron Jones on the list.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, Anderson (senior) and Washington are the only 4*s that are listed that are either not on the team or questionable.  Washington still is in the "questionable" category.  I don't see Camron Jones on the list.

Ope I meant CJ Smith. Thought he left the team too? Either way he is a 3 star. Your point remains, a majority of the 4 star talent is underclassmen. In fact 7 of the 18 still on the team are freshman

• Fire 1
21 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

It's not that I don't think he'll be drafted - I think he goes in round 6 or 7. I just don't think he's great. He's adequate, but he's not a guy that jumps out on film or a guy you have to game plan around. He and SJB are similar caliber players - though I think SJB was better going the other way after picking the ball off. 

Let's be honest, SJB in the second round was a mistake. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, The Maudfather said:

It's not that I don't think he'll be drafted - I think he goes in round 6 or 7. I just don't think he's great. He's adequate, but he's not a guy that jumps out on film or a guy you have to game plan around. He and SJB are similar caliber players - though I think SJB was better going the other way after picking the ball off. 

Let's be honest, SJB in the second round was a mistake. 

Ha yeah, I'll give you that one. Bo had a great track record with college DBs, but a lot of times they weren't great pros. Amukamara is always good when healthy, and Dennard's problem wasn't his play. But no one else (Evans, Hagg, Gomes, etc) did a lot in the NFL.