Attrition apparently already starting.

Cdog923

1 hour ago, WVhuskerXX said:

Interesting for sure. I’m hoping we see a big jump from a few freshmen i.e. Ty Robinson, Heinrich, Hannah, NPG, Newsome and Nelson. 

That’s gonna be pretty hard to do. Nelson will

definitely be better. Hardly any of them got any real playing time besides special teams. Robinson, Nelson, Heinrich, & Hannah are gonna basically be forced to be on the two deep at this point unless we add some JUCO guys to those spots. 

1 hour ago, WVhuskerXX said:

I think Cam will be the nickel and can also play Dime linebacker (where Lee played in the first half against Purdue) and Williams and Dismuke will be the starting safeties. 

Dismuke tackles like he is just a torso with legs. I would rather have Cam back there or a freshman. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

It would be interesting to see what some thoughts on a way too early starting defensive lineup for 2020 might look like.

Stille - Daniels - Thomas/Green

Nelson - Honas - Miller - Tannor

Clark - Dismuke - Taylor-Britt - Bootle

A lot of the same in other words... hopefully some young guys can either take some of these spots or at least provide more competition and raise the play of the older players

4 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

A lot of the same in other words... hopefully some young guys can either take some of these spots or at least provide more competition and raise the play of the older players

Williams will be one of the starters at safety. His presence this year has been missed. Especially in the run game. 

Daniels may start, but with his stamina I imagine you will see a lot of Robinson and even Green play some NT

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I hope we can upgrade at both ILBs, and I would like to see Dismuke slide down to OLB in this defense. 

31 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

No Domann?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

I hope we can upgrade at both ILBs, and I would like to see Dismuke slide down to OLB in this defense. 

That would actually be really interesting, hadn't thought of that. I like it. 

And even if Honas/Miller start, rotating in Heinrich and Hannah should be better than the current rotation. 

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

That would actually be really interesting, hadn't thought of that. I like it. 

And even if Honas/Miller start, rotating in Heinrich and Hannah should be better than the current rotation. 

We DESPERATELY need these young LBs to pan out.  If not, we are in trouble.  These are HUGE times for husker football...not to add to the pressure, but u cant deny it.