Attrition apparently already starting.

Cdog923

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If he's distracting during practices or team meetings, it's just easier to let him go before he poisons any of his teammates with his poor attitude/effort.

Yeah, I get it. But he’s been mailing it in for a while (hasn’t had a tackle since OSU game, 4 total tackles all year). If they were that concerned about his attitude affecting others, then cut him loose a month ago.

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I heard a month or so ago that he had mailed it in and was concentrating on his business (real estate).  Wondering what happened to get him dismissed with 2 weeks to go in the season?

I wonder if he let his focus on his business bleed into skipping class/not fulfilling academic obligations. That'd probably get you dismissed.

• Thanks 1

I don't know why he was removed from the team.  He seemed like an overall good person though.  A list of his achievements while a member of the Huskers were:

Scholar athlete honor roll
Brook Berringer citizenship Team 3 times
Tom Osborne Citizenship team  3 times

Seems to be a high character guy.

• Plus1 2
45 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yeah, I get it. But he’s been mailing it in for a while (hasn’t had a tackle since OSU game, 4 total tackles all year). If they were that concerned about his attitude affecting others, then cut him loose a month ago.

Is it really that big of a deal if it's now or a month ago?  Maybe his attitude has gotten worse over the last month.  Why is the exact timing of it that big of a deal?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lifer said:

I don't know why he was removed from the team.  He seemed like an overall good person though.  A list of his achievements while a member of the Huskers were:

You can find a high character guy who isn’t athletic and they’d probably have about the same career. Who cares. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Lifer said:

image.png.c0fa10d9123e4d7aee8c8df9187f9480.png

giphy.gif

• Haha 5