Attrition apparently already starting.

Cdog923

3 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Curious why you think he won't. The people criticizing his effort are exaggerating a lot, and hell Nick Gates was drafted. Do you think Stanley Jean Baptiste was a better corner than Lamar? Similar size, similar production (although Lamar has a year and a half of it, SJB only had one), and I'd bet Lamar runs faster than SJB's 4.61. He went in the 2nd round.

Pretty sure he wasn't. Tanner lee was the only husker taken that year.

Lamar is really the feel-good story of this staff so far. Prior to this staff arriving (and for the first 4-5 games with this staff) LJ was a guy that got picked on and torched by opposing QBs/WRs. I give him a ton of credit for sticking around and improving after he got benched last year vs Purdue. It would have been really easy for him to pick up and leave, but he didn't. Kudos to him for that.

As far as this team moving forward without him, I think we'll be just fine with either Cam Taylor-Britt or Braxton Clark (or Newsome, etc) moving into his CB spot.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Lamar is really the feel-good story of this staff so far. Prior to this staff arriving (and for the first 4-5 games with this staff) LJ was a guy that got picked on and torched by opposing QBs/WRs. I give him a ton of credit for sticking around and improving after he got benched last year vs Purdue. It would have been really easy for him to pick up and leave, but he didn't. Kudos to him for that.

As far as this team moving forward without him, I think we'll be just fine with either Cam Taylor-Britt or Braxton Clark (or Newsome, etc) moving into his CB spot.

Clark is gonna be a good one IMO. Where does Taylor Britt play next year? Should be intriguing.

19 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Clark is gonna be a good one IMO. Where does Taylor Britt play next year? Should be intriguing.

Clark, Bootle, Williams, Taylor-Britt, and Dismuke +NPG, Wright, Farmer, & Newsome. Plus whoever comes in from this class. That will be the deepest secondary we’ve had since 2009 or 2010. I’m sure we’ll see some attrition but still.  

• Fire 1
7 minutes ago, Decked said:

Clark, Bootle, Williams, Taylor-Britt, and Dismuke +NPG, Wright, Farmer, & Newsome. Plus whoever comes in from this class. That will be the deepest secondary we’ve had since 2009 or 2010. I’m sure we’ll see some attrition but still.  

Yep, alot of talent there. I wonder if we might see a current starter get passed by

55 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

If we don't land some OLBs, we might see Farmer and Wright move down sooner then expected.  

Wouldn’t be mad at all at that. Speed galore. Something the entire LB has lacked. Wonder if they may bring in Cam as an OLB on 3rd and long situations. 

On 11/4/2019 at 11:07 AM, Xmas32 said:

I think to a lot of folks Jackson is the epitome of the Riley era and when he struggled early on in his career, he got painted with a scarlet letter and people are never going to forget it despite the fact that Jackson by all accounts should be someone that we celebrate for his resilience after he got benched last year.

I think a lot of people are too quick to call someone a bust. Like we all know that this year's O-line sucks, but they should all be back next year, and I don't think it's hopeless for these players. Of course, if you bring in a grad transfer or something and they're not contributing a whole lot, you can probably call them a bust pretty quickly. But at least you're not stuck having them on scholarship for 4-5 years.

1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Lamar is really the feel-good story of this staff so far.

TBH I'd still give that award to Ozigbo.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think Cam will be the nickel and can also play Dime linebacker (where Lee played in the first half against Purdue) and Williams and Dismuke will be the starting safeties. 

• Fire 1
7 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

I think Cam will be the nickel and can also play Dime linebacker (where Lee played in the first half against Purdue) and Williams and Dismuke will be the starting safeties. 

That would be ideal. Would give us alot of depth and flexability. We may play nickle out of preference.