Attrition apparently already starting.

Cdog923

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking he has to change up some things.  I’d be more than happy to send him an email if you can get me in touch with him.....and again,  I THINK FROST IS THE RIGHT HIRE.  THE RIGHT GUY FOR THE JOB, but I’m not blindly following him thinking that he is 100% correct in all that he’s done.  He’s a grown man making millions, he is culpable in what’s happening....

You've literally said he's the right guy and that his schemes won't work......

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

He certainly didn't have alot of time and had much to do and he did admirably. That said, it is what it is and it will affect us to a degree. If we can keep the kids we have been bringing in on campus at a better rate I think we can mitigate that affect though as there is alot of talent.

The 2nd and 3rd classes are where the foundation of a coach’s program is built, as long as that coach can stick around the school to coach those players. I think Frost is safe for 5 years, so he will have the opportunity to coach those guys as they become the core of the team. 

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking he has to change up some things.  I’d be more than happy to send him an email if you can get me in touch with him.....and again,  I THINK FROST IS THE RIGHT HIRE.  THE RIGHT GUY FOR THE JOB, but I’m not blindly following him thinking that he is 100% correct in all that he’s done.  He’s a grown man making millions, he is culpable in what’s happening....

I should listen to @PaulCrewe.......

Why does this sound like every run the damn ball guy ever? Frost is going to stick to his guns, the ones that won him coach of the year and got him considered one of the best minds in college football. A half season of bad games is not going to make him change his scheme. I'd be worried if it did.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I was told repeatedly pulling double duty wouldn't be an issue.  I don't want to hear it as an excuse now.

I don’t think the double duty coaching should be used as an excuse either. However, first classes are always difficult to pull off a meaningful class, especially with the early signing period.  I think Frost did a good job with that class, and Martinez could end up being a great QB for NU, and set the standard for Frost QB’s going forward. IMO, the effectiveness of Frost’s recruiting prowess should be judged on the 2019 classes and beyond. 

21 minutes ago, lo country said:

Just what he needs, another loonie trying to email him. Of course he needs to change things, but for crying out loud, give it some time. This place has been constantly broke for over 15 years, so its gonna take more than 2 years to fix. So many high and mighty cry baby husker fans. You all should find a better team to root for, and leave the rest of us sorry sacks.

• Thanks 5
47 minutes ago, lo country said:

Ok....no idea what this means??

30 minutes ago, C N Red said:

Just what he needs, another loonie trying to email him. Of course he needs to change things, but for crying out loud, give it some time. This place has been constantly broke for over 15 years, so its gonna take more than 2 years to fix. So many high and mighty cry baby husker fans. You all should find a better team to root for, and leave the rest of us sorry sacks.

Smart a$$ response being told to go to his office..

The old root for another team argument.  Spare me the platitudes.  I completely understand time to fix, BUT my whole point is IT IS NOT ALL THE KIDS FAULT.......

5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Ok....no idea what this means??

He gives me grief in the game threads for going back and forth.  Nothing personal.  

47 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Why does this sound like every run the damn ball guy ever? Frost is going to stick to his guns, the ones that won him coach of the year and got him considered one of the best minds in college football. A half season of bad games is not going to make him change his scheme. I'd be worried if it did.

I am a "run the damn ball guy".  I am also a do whatever works guy.  I loved the I formation against OSU. I love the idea of having a 2 RB's on the field against a nickel D and motioning into the I to go against a D'd weak spot. Or running in a perceived heavy set, let the D sub and then motioning out to put them at a disadvantage.  As things currently are, IMHO, Frost's O will struggle in the B1G.  In year 4-5 will the B1G adjust to us? no idea.  I do know that we do not seem to go uptempo like last year.  I know our O is in the tank and many other teams have schemes to assist the O in making a D pay for playing too aggressive.  It has been discussed ad nauseam,  but I do not see a lot of that form our OC....

As to changing what worked, didn't TO  switch things up and win a NC or 3?  Just because it worked in the AAC doesn't mean it wil work in the B1G.  I am still waiting to see the up tempo speed merge with Husker Power.

At the end of the day, we all want Frost and NU to succeed.  I just wanted to see more improvement than I have.  more adaptation to exploit other teams instead of us getting exposed...

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, lo country said:

Smart a$$ response being told to go to his office..

The old root for another team argument.  Spare me the platitudes.  I completely understand time to fix, BUT my whole point is IT IS NOT ALL THE KIDS FAULT.......

He gives me grief in the game threads for going back and forth.  Nothing personal.  

Got it.

My point being if two coaches with different schemes go 4-8.....just maybe, or I'd go with probably......those players could try running any scheme, but they simply are not talented enough.

• Plus1 1
Just now, TheSker said:

Got it.

My point being if two coaches with different schemes go 4-8.....just maybe, or I'd go with probably......those players could try running any scheme, but they simply are not talented enough.

No worries. I hear you.  I think that has got to get into their heads though.  "insert player" I sucked under Riley, I sucked under Frost....It's got to get old.  They might be inclined to blame the staff for the issues.

2 hours ago, lo country said:

I often wonder if the buy in isn't necessarily culture. but scheme/philosophy.  Maybe some of the guys don't see the scheme (either side?) making improvements.  I will concede that we have gone from 100% no accountability and a completely different scheme (another year of square peg round hole), but it's getting old.  Year 2 game 7 and you are complaining about the basics? That would pi$$ me off as a player. Same with not saying "I (we) were out coached".  "We need to get the guys in a better position to win".  "Get the right plays called" etc.....That's just me. Sometimes you have to point the thumb. 

They have said these things often.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, lo country said:

Yep.  A scheme predicated on chunk plays wont work in the B1G. We've had 17 in 3 games....3 TD's (one each of our last 3 games).....So yea, IMHO, our scheme needs work. 

Ohio State is Top 12 (or better)in the country in 30-, 40-, 50- and 60-yard plays.  They seem to be doing OK.

We've struggled the last three games because we've played two of the top defenses in the country (statistically) plus a sound Northwestern team.  We have a struggling offensive line and we've have our four best play-makers miss large chunks of those games.

We had nearly 300 more yards of offense against Illinois than Wisconsin did, and Wisconsin had the ball for 40 minutes against them.  Our offense also out-did Wisconsin's effort against Northwestern in both points and yards.  Last year we were putting up 450 yards of offense against B1G opponents like it was no big deal. 

Your statement is a blatant overreaction.  We have struggled, yes.  It has also been shown that we can put up huge numbers with this offense against B1G opponents.  Just because we haven't this month does not warrant statements like that.

• Plus1 4