Attrition apparently already starting.

Cdog923

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

Through 19 games Riley's had a lot more wins including  a bowl win and a top 10 opponent win with a roster that was either (per rankings) nearly the same in raw talent level or actually slightly worse than what Frost has achieved/inherited :dunno

Sure, I guess, if you wanna pretend that inheriting 9-4 team is "nearly the same" as inheriting a 4-8 team.

source.gif

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, Mavric said:

Ohio State is Top 12 (or better)in the country in 30-, 40-, 50- and 60-yard plays.  They seem to be doing OK.

We've struggled the last three games because we've played two of the top defenses in the country (statistically) plus a sound Northwestern team.  We have a struggling offensive line and we've have our four best play-makers miss large chunks of those games.

We had nearly 300 more yards of offense against Illinois than Wisconsin did, and Wisconsin had the ball for 40 minutes against them.  Our offense also out-did Wisconsin's effort against Northwestern in both points and yards.  Last year we were putting up 450 yards of offense against B1G opponents like it was no big deal. 

Your statement is a blatant overreaction.  We have struggled, yes.  It has also been shown that we can put up huge numbers with this offense against B1G opponents.  Just because we haven't this month does not warrant statements like that. 

Um ok...........Unsure if your intention, but you put out your information as gospel.......

• Plus1 3
42 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

It is an accurate statement to say that Riley's record is a direct result of the previous staff's ability to develop players

It is also an accurate statement to say that Frost's record is a direct result of the previous staff's ability to develop players. 

The same guy that won 9-10 games a year? Developing and winning are different, but I think he developed them for his system and did a pretty good job with what he had. Recruited is a stronger argument than develop imo. 

Also, Frost has been the coach here for almost 2 years. I can’t wait for people to stop blaming Riley (yea, he sucked) and start blaming Frost. At some point it’s on our current HC. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The same guy that won 9-10 games a year? Developing and winning are different, but I think he developed them for his system and did a pretty good job with what he had. Recruited is a stronger argument than develop imo. 

Also, Frost has been the coach here for almost 2 years. I can’t wait for people to stop blaming Riley (yea, he sucked) and start blaming Frost. At some point it’s on our current HC. 

We will be fine when the B1G adjusts to our style of FB.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Waldo said:

You're right but maybe we aren't to that point yet

• Plus1 6

All you football geniuses bagging on Frost - what has he done that he shouldn't, and what has he not done that he should have? 

The guy is here for SEVEN YEARS, no matter what, so you better hop on board, or pull for a team not coached by Scott Frost, or it's going to be a long 5 and a half more for you. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

I'll take 3 years of average for eventually having good teams. People act like we have been good, I legit don't understand. We haven't even won a conference title in 20 years. 

8 different teams have won while we have been in the conference since our title: Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas State, Colorado, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hskrfan4life said:

The thing is, I think that if we had back-to-back 10 win seasons to start with Frost, he would get all the good jobs and what not, nothing would be said about Riley recruiting I fell.

Who should we give him credit for? JD Spielman is the only one that I care about. Stanley committed before Riley arrived. Ozigbo didn't get drafted and didn't do anything until last season. Stoll, Damion and Lamar can be tossed in there if you want. Riley didn't do jack. People are so foolish. 

• Thanks 3
7 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Who should we give him credit for? JD Spielman is the only one that I care about. Stanley committed before Riley arrived. Ozigbo didn't get drafted and didn't do anything until last season. Stoll, Damion and Lamar can be tossed in there if you want. Riley didn't do jack. People are so foolish. 

Let's not forget that Lamar was a terrible player until this staff got here and made him start playing with discipline. Now he's one of our best defensive players.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, hskrfan4life said:

The thing is, I think that if we had back-to-back 10 win seasons to start with Frost, he would get all the good jobs and what not, nothing would be said about Riley recruiting I fell.

The problem I have with this argument is we have no idea if any coach could have back to back 10 win years with the team Frost inherited. The hypothetical doesn't work for me - I believe for Frost to win 10 games, Riley's recruiting/retention/development would have had to have been better. In that case obviously people wouldn't bring it up, but that's because it wouldn't have been an issue if it was better. But it was bad, which is why (among other reasons) we didn't win 10 games.

• Plus1 2