Just really tired................

Of people getting excited everytime  we get a new WALKON commit.  That means we are keeping guys from going to Wyoming, Colorado st, etc.  The walkon era is OVER!!  We need scholarship guys that can compete with Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, Georgia, etc.  They don't have walkon programs.  This is NOT the 70's  80's or 90's,   This Is college football a fifth into the 2000's!

57 minutes ago, April Wine said:

Of people getting excited everytime  we get a new WALKON commit.  That means we are keeping guys from going to Wyoming, Colorado st, etc.  The walkon era is OVER!!  We need scholarship guys that can compete with Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, Georgia, etc.  They don't have walkon programs.  This is NOT the 70's  80's or 90's,   This Is college football a fifth into the 2000's!

Imagine bashing a kid for going to their dream school and sacrificing a whole lot. Many of these kids get offers from schools like Wyoming and South Dakota State, but they just love this school and team so much that they will work their butts off and pay for school them selves to try and accomplish their dreams of stepping on that field and being a husker. Walk-Ons have my upmost respect.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, April Wine said:

Ok I wish I could of played for Nebraska       So which is it?  Do you want kids living out their walkon dreams?  or Do you want Nebraska to be nationally revelant again?  Only vote for one

As big a Nebraska fan as you claim to be, you act like walk-ons and a successful program are mutually exclusive.

• Plus1 5
17 minutes ago, April Wine said:

Ok I wish I could of played for Nebraska       So which is it?  Do you want kids living out their walkon dreams?  or Do you want Nebraska to be nationally revelant again?  Only vote for one

So your claim is that we haven't developed quality players from our walk on program? You realize there are several examples of those types of guys in the NFL right now....

39 minutes ago, April Wine said:

You remember Andy Janovich right? He is in the NFL and he was a walk-on. Walk-ons can be vital members to championship level teams. It doesn't have to be 1 or the other

• Plus1 1

haTo Actual Corn  Um I understand you standing beside the Andy Jankovich side playing for the Broncos  (although I never saw him on the field last night)(I know he signed a new contract), but John Elway is GM.  Look up Nebraska Players (scholarship or not} playing in the NFL right now......Just to be fair lets start in the 2010 draft(Suh)............compare the last 9 drafts to Alabama, Auburn, starting  alphabetically, don't have time..............Their are schools we don't even know their hometowns  that have more players in the NFL than Nebraska.  Guess you don't see that as a problem.

'