Just really tired................

April, if your point is that the feel good walk-on stuff isn't going to hide the fact that we aren't recruiting good enough. I'm with you.

Of that list of 'walk-ons done good' that posters were giving...um, what exactly did we win when they were here?

But , I also agree that there isn't any reason not to have it. It makes people in the state happy ad it provides an occasional diamond.

32 minutes ago, macroboy said:

Of that list of 'walk-ons done good' that posters were giving...um, what exactly did we win when they were here?

The aforementioned list of recent walk-ons come from an era in which the walk-on program and roster size was much less than 150ish we want to carry. The current facilities can't comfortably accommodate that many people and have pushed players into a second locker room. It's part of the reason for the upgrade.

The benefit of 150+ and giant expansion of the facilities is to allow for more players at more stations and giving more reps to everyone. This will likely produce more contributions from the walk-ons. 

We are still spending just as much as we have on recruiting nationally, so I don't think it's negative in anyway to beef up the program.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1