Brett Maher

That's too bad but he wasn't very consistent for us last year. He made some great kicks but missed some short ones.

Completely agree. IMO, he is too risky at the next level with not having a great line of consistency. I am not surprised about this, but I really do hope he can improve his accuracy and consistency to get signed on somewhere. Once a Husker, always a Husker.

That's too bad but he wasn't very consistent for us last year. He made some great kicks but missed some short ones.

Completely agree. IMO, he is too risky at the next level with not having a great line of consistency. I am not surprised about this, but I really do hope he can improve his accuracy and consistency to get signed on somewhere. Once a Husker, always a Husker.

It was sort of weird that Maher dropped off between his jr and sr year for us. He was awesome his jr year. Then started missing chipshots and shanking punts his sr year. Weird.

It was sort of weird that Maher dropped off between his jr and sr year for us. He was awesome his jr year. Then started missing chipshots and shanking punts his sr year. Weird.

It was VERY weird, and what made it even weirder, is that we aren't use to seeing that here. I am not sure what happened, but if he can get back to what he was his Junior year, I could see him making a fine career in the NFL. I just can't see it off of what he did his Senior year.

It was VERY weird, and what made it even weirder, is that we aren't use to seeing that here. I am not sure what happened, but if he can get back to what he was his Junior year, I could see him making a fine career in the NFL. I just can't see it off of what he did his Senior year.

during the bowl game the announcers commented on how off the timing was between him and the holder, I didnt hear of this or notice it prior to that game but maybe that accounts for some of his problems last season

Kicking has to be the ultimate battle and turmoil within yourself. I mean, in nearly every other aspect of the game you have multiple people closely involved in a play.

Kickers get a spotlight at difficult times. Provided the snap is good, it all comes down to an inner mental state along with the skill, of course. I imagine it's a bit like being a golfer and encountering, and recovering from, those weird mental slumps. Or a distance runner, same sort of idea, a battle with self.

• Mavric changed the title to Brett Maher