Underdogs to Indiana @ home....

1 hour ago, HuskerMan said:

Actually seen this morning of an updated projected spread for the remaining games on the schedule in which it didn’t have Nebraska as the favorite in a single game.

Hopefully being projected perpetual underdogs will help light a fire under 'em to get some wins starting with Indiana. The projected spreads will change if the team proves itself one game at a time that it shouldn't be the underdog for every game.

underdog III.gif

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

AM can make plays. TOs come with that but Vedral can't make this offense go like he can when clicking 

And the last time he was clicking was last year. The dude plays spooked and wont even throw a crack back block for teammates on broken plays. I agree he is a good player with all the talent in the world, but a lot of good that talent does when he is playing scared. 

• Plus1 1

I'm gonna lose my sh!t if one more person says "oh how Nebraska has fallen" one more time. No effin sh!t, it's not news. It's not a novel observation. Really, at this point, it is nothing more than trolling. And the correct tense of the verb is fell. It happened in the past. You can't fall further than the bottom. Indiana being favored is an indication of Jack squat at this point.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

@husker98These weren't great defenses but he's had 3 good games this year. 3 not good...

Illinois: 328 pass yards 3 TD 0 INT (64%), 118 rush yards

N. Illinois: 257 pass yards 2 TD 0 INT (59%), 44 rush yards 1 TD

Colorado: 290 pass yards 2 TD 1 INT (61%) 66 rush yards 2 TD

32 minutes ago, husker98 said:

And the last time he was clicking was last year. The dude plays spooked and wont even throw a crack back block for teammates on broken plays. I agree he is a good player with all the talent in the world, but a lot of good that talent does when he is playing scared. 

I'd throw in NW - he was 13-20 for 145 and had 4 or 5 drops, depending on who you ask. At least a couple of them were decent length, and one was a TD. We catch the easy ones - JD on an early third down, Allen on a check down when our shot play was covered, and Wan'Dale on a screen and it's something like 16-20 for 200 and a TD against a very good defense. And that's not giving him any credit for how the game would have changed with those or the chunk of the game Vedral played.

Statistically not great, but given the defense and the drops saying it was not good is just not accurate. Still definitely bad games against USA and OSU. And he hasn't been "playing scared" since Frost yelled at him to run, against Illinois or NIU I believe. He still has lapses where he doesn't run for the first on 3rd down when he can, but even that is the exception more than the rule anymore. Crack back blocks are illegal now, in case you missed that.

• Plus1 1

If that Lego guy is Indiana's quarterback still he will slice up our defense like a steak knife through butter.

Also, although Nebraska fans have really been the only thing keeping this program in relevancy for the last 20 years, we as fans need to stop referencing and thinking of the past. It's over. I mean, incredible times that they were, when we were the kings of college football, but we haven't been anywhere near that in two decades.

I think us constantly referencing the past and talking about what we once were, has hindered us from being able to move forward. Times are definitely different now, and not to say Nebraska can't get back up there in the future, but it has to start building from the bottom up now. We are not a 11-2 program, or annual 9 win team, we are a back to back 4-8 program. That's where we are at now, and that is where he need to start. We should not be expecting to be battling for conference titles right now, that isn't the logical next step. The logical next step of expectations is a bowl game, and then above .500, and then we start thinking of divisional titles, legitimate divisional contenders, not a product of having an easy schedule that lines us up for being in position for winning the division in November, only to get destroyed when we play a team with a pulse. Ultimately, leading to competing for league titles, which means we are legitimately in the conversation of battling Ohio State on the field and not just by brand name only. The whole thing this year of trying to write a narrative of two 900 win teams going at it with Nebraska and Ohio State? Yeah, that's an ode to the past, which we need to remember, but not reference, because we aren't at that level anymore and haven't been for a decade.

And Nebraska CAN get back to the top, these down times are awful, but Nebraska can get back on top. Alabama was once down for two decades until Saban came along. Besides it being warm about 90% of the year, you cant tell me Tuscaloosa, Alabama or Auburn, Alabama is a desired location for players to want to go play. Yes I get Alabama and Auburn have recent winning to sell recruits, but I constantly hear how Nebraska wont ever get back to their dominate days because recruits don't want to go to Lincoln, NE. Is it cold? Sure in the Winter months it is cold, but it's also cold in Madison, Columbus, Ann Arbor, State College, etc. In the middle of nowhere? Besides Lincoln being an awesome city that I don't think people realize until they visit, you mean to tell me Auburn, Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, Oxford, Iowa City, Clemson aren't considered in the middle of nowhere? Are they close to big cities, or in recruiting hot bed regions? Sure, but in today's college football every game is on TV so people can watch you play, and in some cases, you want to drive 4 hours away from home? Or fly 4 hours away from home? Either way, you're 4 hours away from home. 

3 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Also, although Nebraska fans have really been the only thing keeping this program in relevancy for the last 20 years, we as fans need to stop referencing and thinking of the past. It's over. I mean, incredible times that they were, when we were the kings of college football, but we haven't been anywhere near that in two decades.

But wouldn't a zealous fanbase who has filled the stadium for every game since 1962 be inclined to remember and talk about the good teams from the past?  Even if they are from 25 years ago?  I'm pretty sure Husker fans don't want to talk about the 2017 or 2018 seasons.  Just sayin.. 

• Fire 1
31 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

@husker98These weren't great defenses but he's had 3 good games this year. 3 not good...

Illinois: 328 pass yards 3 TD 0 INT (64%), 118 rush yards

N. Illinois: 257 pass yards 2 TD 0 INT (59%), 44 rush yards 1 TD

Colorado: 290 pass yards 2 TD 1 INT (61%) 66 rush yards 2 TD

5 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I'd throw in NW - he was 13-20 for 145 and had 4 or 5 drops, depending on who you ask. At least a couple of them were decent length, and one was a TD. We catch the easy ones - JD on an early third down, Allen on a check down when our shot play was covered, and Wan'Dale on a screen and it's something like 16-20 for 200 and a TD against a very good defense. And that's not giving him any credit for how the game would have changed with those or the chunk of the game Vedral played.

Statistically not great, but given the defense and the drops saying it was not good is just not accurate. Still definitely bad games against USA and OSU. And he hasn't been "playing scared" since Frost yelled at him to run, against Illinois or NIU I believe. He still has lapses where he doesn't run for the first on 3rd down when he can, but even that is the exception more than the rule anymore. Crack back blocks are illegal now, in case you missed that.

Its one thing dicing teams form Illinois and colorado, its another thing being largely ineffective against everyone else. The OSU game was a really look at how far he has come, and its not far enough, the line suffers some of the blame for that but not entirely, defenses have caught on to his tendancies and the whole offense is paying for it as a result.

@Husker in WI IF stats won game we would have beaten colorado and blown out North western. But we didn't. Referencing to what i typed above, against good teams he's got issues right now. And referring to the crack block thats my bad on terminology, i meant just a block in general, and in the atleast two instances on broken plays i saw, he just stood there. He is playing scared, barely getting to all his reads, this is evident by him missing wide open receivers and making terrible read option calls. Again the line takes some of the blame but like i wrote above, a lot of it is on him atm. He needs to get it figured out or else a bowl game is out of reach.