Underdogs to Indiana @ home....

1 minute ago, husker98 said:

@Husker in WI IF stats won game we would have beaten colorado and blown out North western. But we didn't. Referencing to what i typed above, against good teams he's got issues right now. And referring to the crack block thats my bad on terminology, i meant just a block in general, and in the atleast two instances on broken plays i saw, he just stood there. He is playing scared, barely getting to all his reads, this is evident by him missing wide open receivers and making terrible read option calls. Again the line takes some of the blame but like i wrote above, a lot of it is on him atm. He needs to get it figured out or else a bowl game is out of reach.

True, I just haven't seen those things as much as people are claiming. I would love to see him block, but it definitely seems like he's been told to protect himself and it could be that. We don't know his reads, and I'm still waiting for people to come up with more than one recent example of him missing open guys. I think a lot of our 'read options' are not actually read options but called plays with the fake keep/pass option to keep defenses honest.

I get it, and in the first couple games (including Colorado) I absolutely agree with you. But outside of OSU I have a hard time putting many of the problems on him since then. Is that cherry picking games for my argument? Probably. But in my opinion he could've played out of his mind and we still lose to OSU by 20+, and I think there was a clear switch flipped in the NIU game and since then he's been good. I think people were counting on huge improvement this year, and are comparing him to what they expected instead of what he was last year.

40 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I'm gonna lose my sh!t if one more person says "oh how Nebraska has fallen" one more time. No effin sh!t, it's not news. It's not a novel observation. Really, at this point, it is nothing more than trolling. And the correct tense of the verb is fell. It happened in the past. You can't fall further than the bottom. Indiana being favored is an indication of Jack squat at this point.

The really annoying thing is that it's probably much more of an indication that Vegas thinks that Martinez won't play - or he'll play hurt and not make an impact.

The majority of the fan base doesn't want to accept the fact that we can't really win without him but that is probably the reality. And it's a reality of turning over the roster of a dumpster fire and having quality depth all over the field.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Undone said:

The really annoying thing is that it's probably much more of an indication that Vegas thinks that Martinez won't play - or he'll play hurt and not make an impact.

The majority of the fan base doesn't want to accept the fact that we can't really win without him but that is probably the reality. And it's a reality of turning over the roster of a dumpster fire and having quality depth all over the field.

As a local I can tell you Adrian has nothing to do with this line. They’ve actually been pretty high on us all season we are just not favored to win this game

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Undone said:

Maybe I'm delusional but I don't think we need 2AM to handle the likes of Indiana, Purdue or Maryland. I think Vedral and/or McCaffrey is enough for them. Problem is we'll have the same O line, same limited group of WR's and now a smaller RB room that may not include Wan'dale. QB is the least of our concerns imo.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Maybe I'm delusional but I don't think we need 2AM to handle the likes of Indiana, Purdue or Maryland. I think Vedral and/or McCaffrey is enough for them. Problem is we'll have the same O line, same limited group of WR's and now a smaller RB room that may not include Wan'dale. QB is the least of our concerns imo.

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm not saying that we suck without Adrian. But I'm saying if he hadn't gotten hurt we'd probably be favored in this game IMO.

Just now, Undone said:

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm not saying that we suck without Adrian. But I'm saying if he hadn't gotten hurt we'd probably be favored in this game IMO.

Yeah, I agree with that but only because Vegas seems to overlook the real problems sometimes in favor of focusing on the QB position.

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Correct.:D

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

QB is the least of our concerns??? We just scored 7 points against Minnesota the same Minnesota that gave up 31 to Purdue with its two best players injured. 32 to Georgia southern. 35 to fresno. The bias around here is unrivaled. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

QB is the least of our concerns??? We just scored 7 points against Minnesota the same Minnesota that gave up 31 to Purdue with its two best players injured. 32 to Georgia southern. 35 to fresno. The bias around here is unrivaled. 

There are 10 other players on the field, arguably all of whom played worse than the QB.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

So you watched the game and came to the conclusion Vedral was the problem? We must've watched two completely different games.

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

All of that? Sure. But he's still our most available player, in my opinion.

I agree that he's our most valuable player....by far. But those other 3 areas are of more importance to actually winning against supposedly lesser teams than what we give up having to go with Vedral. That's all I'm saying. I'm not bagging on 2AM at all. Just pointing out how he has no supporting cast.