Underdogs to Indiana @ home....

18 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

QB is the least of our concerns??? We just scored 7 points against Minnesota the same Minnesota that gave up 31 to Purdue with its two best players injured. 32 to Georgia southern. 35 to fresno. The bias around here is unrivaled. 

Not the same Minnesota. Early season MN<<<Minnesota now.  Since their Purdue game they’ve been playing damn good football.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see them beat Wisconsin. Fleck is doing a fine job for those Gophers. 

1 hour ago, NUance said:

But wouldn't a zealous fanbase who has filled the stadium for every game since 1962 be inclined to remember and talk about the good teams from the past?  Even if they are from 25 years ago?  I'm pretty sure Husker fans don't want to talk about the 2017 or 2018 seasons.  Just sayin.. 

I agree. I think we can talk about, and remember it, but we cant act like that is us anymore. We are only that program in history and remembrance, sure it's shaped Nebraska as it is today, but in our current state we are not Nebraska of the 90s. We are Nebraska of those 2017 and 2018 seasons, current expectations should be as much. Want more? Want better? Yes, absolutely, of course that is how we get to the next step and make progress, but current expectations shouldn't be better than 7 wins given the current state of Nebraska football. It's why we are underdogs at home to Indiana.

If this doesn't light a fire, nothing will this season.

I think the NU team that turns out will look like no NU team we have seen this year.  Different faces scattered in, new plays, a higher level of intensity.  This is the make or break game of the season.  Guys have been out 2 weeks.  We win, it builds faith in the staff and each other.  They have something to prove.  Play angry.  

IMHO, Frost also realizes this game is big or bust.  Lose at home to Indiana and the wheels come off the cart.  Players start to doubt.  Fans get more nervous.  And the shot to get to a bowl drops....Frost pulls out all the stops this weekend.  Coaches his a$$ off.  We won't even recognize NU.....

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Huckleberry Muhammad said:

lmao .. I wonder if they'll cover the spread.   ;)

Meanwhile, Frost is reported to be actually rummaging through the freshmen and other non-starters for "players who want to play."  

We'll see how that works out.  Hopefully no matter who's on the field for us they'll be on fire and for all four quarters. 

Honest question.  WTH is this?  Seriously.  Is it true?  Guys really don't want to play.  Enough that it truly makes a negative impact.  Why 19 games in....

50 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

I’m not blaming vedral but thinking he puts us in a better position is typical fan mentality. Adrian has been running himself ragged carrying those same 10 guys. We are not a talented team but to give Noah an excuse that Adrian doesn’t get is strange. 

I never said he puts us in better position. You might need to re-read what I actually said.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree that he's our most valuable player....by far. But those other 3 areas are of more importance to actually winning against supposedly lesser teams than what we give up having to go with Vedral. That's all I'm saying. I'm not bagging on 2AM at all. Just pointing out how he has no supporting cast.

Sure, but AM is a real person.... Not sure capable people exist on the O-Line.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I'm gonna lose my sh!t if one more person says "oh how Nebraska has fallen" one more time. No effin sh!t, it's not news. It's not a novel observation. Really, at this point, it is nothing more than trolling. And the correct tense of the verb is fell. It happened in the past. You can't fall further than the bottom. Indiana being favored is an indication of Jack squat at this point.

trollllllllllllllllllllllllll  Have you lost your s#!t yet and why do you seem to be ok with it?  My opinion is it is absolutely embarrassing to be an underdog at home against Indiana..............THAT bothers me a lot!  It means we are about even with Rutgers right now in the B10.  That is very embarrassing

I understand that bowl representatives will be in attendance for the Hoosiers-Cornhuskers matchup this weekend.

If you see 'em make 'em feel welcome!

Blackwater Bowl, Flint, MI

Beaver Bowl, Corvallis, WA
Beard Papa's Cream Puff Bowl, Paramus, NJ
Hollywood Bowl, N. 48th St. Lincoln, NE

Ty-D- Bowl, Abaco Island, Bahamas

6 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

We are the Rutgers of the west........Oh Yeah !

Or if you want to skip the hyperbole and go by actual current W/L records, we're the Michigan State of the West - both 2-2 in conference and 4-3 overall. :dunno

• Plus1 2