Fan Base Temp Check: 5 Games Left

Fan Base Intuition: Where do the Huskers Finish?  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think 6-6 but don’t feel too confident about it either way. I think the coaches and players “quit” a bit at Michigan last year, but outside of that, I hadn’t felt like we quit in any other game until Minnesota this year. I don’t know if it was the crappy weather or the desperate need for a bye week. 

Kind of a cop-out answer but I need to see if it’s a sign of things to come or if Frost has these guys hungry against Indiana. Winning this week makes me think 7 is on the table. Losing makes me think we end the season with 4 wins.

6-6. I think there’s two more wins on the schedule.

Indiana at home should hopefully be a win. Probably like NW. Low scoring and ugly. 

Purdue will probably be fired up. Not sure if they’ll have Rondale by then. I watched almost all of their game against Iowa. Their passing attack was pretty solid, that’s about it. 

Wisconsin. Loss.

I can’t figure out Maryland. One week they play like they’re possessed, another week they lay an egg. Toss up.

Iowa. I think this game is winnable. I’ve watched a decent amount of Iowa this year and they’re missing Fant and Hock big time. Sargent is decent, but spotty. So is Stanley. If he has a decent pocket he can hurt ya, but if there’s any kind of pressure, he folds like a lawn chair. I would imagine NU would play with a lil extra pride in this game. 5 straight to Iowa... C’mon now.

All of this depends on if AM and Wan’Dale come back full strength. I think Noah can gut out a win if need be. Hell, even Ryker Fyfe beat Maryland. 

1 minute ago, Fru said:

6-6. I think there’s two more wins on the schedule.

Indiana at home should hopefully be a win. Probably like NW. Low scoring and ugly. 

Purdue will probably be fired up. Not sure if they’ll have Rondale by then. I watched almost all of their game against Iowa. Their passing attack was pretty solid, that’s about it. 

Wisconsin. Loss.

I can’t figure out Maryland. One week they play like their possessed, another week they lay an egg. Toss up.

Iowa. I think this game is winnable. I’ve watched a decent amount of Iowa this year and they’re missing Fant and Hock big time. Sargent is decent, but spotty. So is Stanley. If he has a decent pocket he can hurt ya, but if there’s any kind of pressure, he folds like a lawn chair. I would imagine NU would play a lil extra pride in this game. 5 straight to Iowa...

All of this depends on if AM and Wan’Dale come back full strength. I think Noah can gut out a win if need be. Hell, even Ryker Fyfe beat Maryland. 

Pretty much where I'm at. I think it's possible we win both Purdue and Maryland, particularly if we were able to get healthier and reset some things during the bye. If I squint I can see 4-1, but that is counting on improvement that we haven't seen so far.

I'm holding out a little bit of hope for Wisconsin - we have another bye right before, and we aren't the first game after their upset so they shouldn't just crush us out of frustration. I would still be very surprised if we won, but I have hope. If they run all over us (which I expect), my Chinander concern level will definitely be higher. Year 1 I can give a pass for not having a great gameplan, but year 2 and with a bye we have to be able to slow them down. We won't shut them down with the guys we have, but I need to see some kind of scheme to give us a chance.

• Plus1 1