Fan Base Temp Check: 5 Games Left

Fan Base Intuition: Where do the Huskers Finish?  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What would the feeling be if we went 5-7, BUT one of the remaining wins was against Wisky or Iowa?  Would beating one of them lessen the lack of a bowl game?  Personally, I want the bowl, the exposure, the extra practices.  If the process works, we will be beating them in the future.

I'm guessing 6-6.  Wins against either Indiana, Maryland or Purdue then the obvious losses to Wisky and Iowa...If we lose to Indiana. I think bowl eligibility looks very hard (and not just less chances to win 2).  

I always look at how FCS (and to a degree G5 schools) play "up to their competition" like it's their Super Bowl or NC game.....As much as it kills me to say it, I really wish NU could get this mentality the next 5 games.  Play each one like it's the NC game.  Leave nothing on the field.  Drain the tank each game.  Plays, players, intensity, trickery etc...Leave no stone unturned.  David vs Goliath.... 

Help me, I need a self-check on something I have struggled with for a long time.  In the movie "Troy", Brad Pitt's character Achilles kills Eric Bana's character Hector after a decent fight scene.  In real life do you think Brad Pitt could kick Eric Bana's a$$?  What if it was a cage match?

32 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Help me, I need a self-check on something I have struggled with for a long time.  In the movie "Troy", Brad Pitt's character Achilles kills Eric Bana's character Hector after a decent fight scene.  In real life do you think Brad Pitt could kick Eric Bana's a$$?  What if it was a cage match?

what are you talking about.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, dvdcrr said:

Bana would seem like the obvious choice but Pitt seems like he is a little shifty and probably fights dirty. 

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

That was never possible in a real sense for this team.

I think it's still real. We have 4 wins, 3 losses and 5 games left. So if we win all 5, correct my math if I'm wrong, but that's 9 wins. And if we only win 4 of them, that's 8, 3 wins would be 7, 2 wins would be 6, 1 win would be 5, 0 wins would be 4 wins. So all the above is a "real" result that can be obtained.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3