Fan Base Temp Check: 5 Games Left

Fan Base Intuition: Where do the Huskers Finish?  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5-7

I wonder if the players want a bowl? They better play with some passion. I’m interested in what Frost brings to the table after the bye. Hopefully, he mixes something’s up. Puts a package or two in for some of the young guys. I’d like to see some power formations, but I’m dreaming. Bad snaps, missed tackles, no pass rush, keystone cop special teams...will probably continue. 

1. IU will spread NU out and throw those sideline passes all day. They will throw to the TEs on long third downs. Maryland couldn’t stop that. The lack of QB pressure by NU and the QBs ability to run is going to extend those drives. 

2. Purdue- NU on the road. Not betting a win there. 

3. Maryland- On the road but hoping Maryland calls it quits before NU does. 
Iowa and Wisky will drill NU. Argh. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, hskrfan4life said:

I think it's still real. We have 4 wins, 3 losses and 5 games left. So if we win all 5, correct my math if I'm wrong, but that's 9 wins. And if we only win 4 of them, that's 8, 3 wins would be 7, 2 wins would be 6, 1 win would be 5, 0 wins would be 4 wins. So all the above is a "real" result that can be obtained.

This is true.  Also if one monkey flew out of my britches, and two monkeys out of yours, then it is entirely possible that three monkeys can fly out of our pants.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

I think this team needs Nate Diaz to be the check-in guy at the football facility for 7 am daily workouts.  Nate smells your breath and if he smells weed or alcohol he totally beats the crap out of you until you escape.  A week of that and I think the team will come around.

I couldn't think of a worse person to enforce a no weed policy, the guy has literally smoked weed during post fight interviews.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Crap.  I chose 5-7.  I think I was too optimistic.

We're good.  I figured the players would rather sit out the bowl season hunkered down with a bowl of popcorn and their (probably) fat girlfriends.  They also know that some serious s#it will come down on them if they lose all 5 games.

3 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

We're good.  I figured the players would rather sit out the bowl season hunkered down with a bowl of popcorn and their (probably) fat girlfriends.  They also know that some serious s#it will come down on them if they lose all 5 games.

I can't imagine anybody having that attitude.  These kids grew up being competitive and good at football.  That's why I roll my eyes when people say the upperclassmen won't play for Frost or that Riley had some sort of trance placed upon them.  These seemingly talented kids aren't buying in and that's a huge problem that has to be remedied very soon or this program may find itself as a doormat for years.