Indiana Week Pressers

Red Five

13 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Good grief if you don't like what's said in pressers don't watch or read the presser, boom problem solved. Then you can assume everything sucks tell Saturday and be happy if they play well. 

People really think that coaches call the pressers just to hype the fans.  Its an obligation and I'm sure they would rather not say anything. 

• Plus1 8

16 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

People really think that coaches call the pressers just to hype the fans.  Its an obligation and I'm sure they would rather not say anything. 

I agree, but in fairness to the angry fans no one is making the coaches use superlatives to describe practice. They could be saying less that they are, and people might expect less which isn't all bad. Nothing wrong with "it was a really good practice" instead of "best practice since we've been here."

• Fire 1
28 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I agree, but in fairness to the angry fans no one is making the coaches use superlatives to describe practice. They could be saying less that they are, and people might expect less which isn't all bad. Nothing wrong with "it was a really good practice" instead of "best practice since we've been here."

Yeah i can see that. They are still new to being coaches at this level of fandom so I'm sure that is part of the process to figure out. 

Plenty of coaches will say if they've had bad or frustrating practices, or voice general concern about the focus and intensity of the team. 

Maybe they're being honest, and honesty is generally preferable.

If they're saying it to the press, they may also be sending a message to the team: I'm not going to sugarcoat this for your benefit.

If this goes on too long, you've got a culture problem. 

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Plenty of coaches will say if they've had bad or frustrating practices, or voice general concern about the focus and intensity of the team. 

If they're saying it to the press, they may also be sending a message to the team: I'm not going to sugarcoat this for your benefit.

I remember one thing Bo did every year in fall camp that I liked - about 2-3 wks in, he'd scold them through the media for a bad practice and/or lack of focus. I definitely think things like that can have a boot-in-the-a$$ effect on a team.

My observation of Frost is that he has those conversations with the team, but not outwardly through the media.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think part of the reason Frost does it with the media is he knows the players have heard "they've sucked" for years now.

Frost instills confidence every chance he gets in public. 

Message boards tears it down.  The media looks for coaches to throw players under the bus.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mavric said:

SIAP: Wan'Dale was in street clothes after practice.

Probably not a good sign.

With Wandale out and Washington gone the rest of the O needs to step-up their game and we need to find some O elsewhere.  Would like to see Rahmir in there and getting more creative with the offense. Maybe put McCaffrey in at wr to do the old black 41 reverse pass to the qb. Indiana is going to score points,  may need to resort to trickeration to keep-up.