Moos and 6 Wins Goal in Jeopardy

With 6 wins within our reach, and our beloved Huskers being underdogs for the remainder of the season, my question is this:  What happens if we don't finish the season at the 6 win mark?  Will Frost make some coaching changes, or is it oh well, we'll win 6-7 games next year? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AZ_Husker said:

With 6 wins within our reach, and our beloved Huskers being underdogs for the remainder of the season, my question is this:  What happens if we don't finish the season at the 6 win mark?  Will Frost make some coaching changes, or is it oh well, we'll win 6-7 games next year? 

Coaching changes are part of what got us in this mess......so hopefully not.

• Plus1 8
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, AZ_Husker said:

I doubt it - I think he will give it at least 3 and probably 4 years before making coaching changes. He's extremely loyal, and he brought the staff with him for a reason. I think the expectation ext ear goes up whether we fall short this year or not though - winning 5 this year doesn't mean we only expect 6-7 next year.

• Fire 2

I honestly can't see us not making a bowl. It's not really in jeopardy at this point. We are almost exactly where alot of people had us before the season and on track for 6-7 wins this year. Seriously wouldn't be surprised if we finished 7-5  or even 8-4. I would be surprised if we went 1-4 down the stretch.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I honestly can't see us not making a bowl. It's not really in jeopardy at this point. We are almost exactly where alot of people had us before the season and on track for 6-7 wins this year. Seriously wouldn't be surprised if we finished 7-5  or even 8-4. I would be surprised if we went 1-4 down the stretch.

I just don't see how you can confidently say that when there are so many unknowns. I don't even see a for sure win remaining with how this team has played.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

I just don't see how you can confidently say that when there are so many unknowns. I don't even see a for sure win remaining with how this team has played.

And I don't see a for sure loss out of Indiana, Purdue and Maryland. Those teams aren't very good either. Illinois beat Wisconsin. Anything before that game signal at that result? There is a chance Northwestern is better than those first 3 teams I named and we beat them. I'm annoyed at how confidently people say we are in jeopardy of making a bowl when we have 3 of the easier games on the schedule left. We will be in jeopardy if we lose Saturday but until then I'm not putting us in that category because we are doing exactly what many thought we would preseason. Colorado was considered a toss up. OSU was considered a loss and Minnesota was considered a toss up/loss. We are still right on the track many laid out for 7 wins.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

And I don't see a for sure loss out of Indiana, Purdue and Maryland. Those teams aren't very good either. Illinois beat Wisconsin. Anything before that game signal at that result? There is a chance Northwestern is better than those first 3 teams I named and we beat them. I'm annoyed at how confidently people say we are in jeopardy of making a bowl when we have 3 of the easier games on the schedule left. We will be in jeopardy if we lose Saturday but until then I'm not putting us in that category because we are doing exactly what many thought we would preseason. Colorado was considered a toss up. OSU was considered a loss and Minnesota was considered a toss up/loss. We are still right on the track many laid out for 7 wins.

Does anyone know if Martinez is playing this week? I have not seen or heard anything official. Would your confidence go down if you knew he was out the next 2 games?

3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I too was hustled, scammed, bamboozled, & lead astray!:D