Moos and 6 Wins Goal in Jeopardy

8 hours ago, AZ_Husker said:

With 6 wins within our reach, and our beloved Huskers being underdogs for the remainder of the season, my question is this:  What happens if we don't finish the season at the 6 win mark?  Will Frost make some coaching changes, or is it oh well, we'll win 6-7 games next year? 

How about we worry about Indiana this saturday, and take it from there?

We could realistically end up 4-8, or shock the world and go 9-3. Each week is gonna be different, that why they play the game...

herm GIF

I dont think this team wins another game.  The offense is broken and chin's d curls up in a ball and gets soft when things get tough.  my hope lies in 2 things:  1.  frost will be forced to stick with mills and maybe the running game can get going.  i dont care if its 20 yards in the first 10 carries, he needs to stick with it and it will pop eventually.   2. the defense actually decides to nut up and take leadership of this team.  the offense has a ton of injuries right now - this isn't an offensive team.  look at every championship team and you will find times where the defense made up for the offense.  when was the last time that happened at nebraska?

• Plus1 2

50 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

I dont think this team wins another game.  The offense is broken and chin's d curls up in a ball and gets soft when things get tough.  my hope lies in 2 things:  1.  frost will be forced to stick with mills and maybe the running game can get going.  i dont care if its 20 yards in the first 10 carries, he needs to stick with it and it will pop eventually.   2. the defense actually decides to nut up and take leadership of this team.  the offense has a ton of injuries right now - this isn't an offensive team.  look at every championship team and you will find times where the defense made up for the offense.  when was the last time that happened at nebraska?

We may not when another game, but we lack talent with football IQ.  You can not blame chin for the lack of lbs & the d playing twice as many downs as the offense. 

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/LongFormArticle/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-Michigan-Wolverines-football-Penn-State-Nittany-Lions-ESPN-FPI-projects-final-record-Big-Ten-137343334/#137343334_8

ESPN FPI final record projection4-8

'It doesn't look good for Nebraska, who is projected to lose all five of its remaining games against Indiana, Purdue, Wisconsin, Maryland and Iowa. That's shocking to say the least. The Huskers are only winning 47.7 percent of simulations vs. the Hoosiers and 39.6 percent of simulations vs. the Boilermakers, two teams Nebraska out-talents in roster depth. A 4-8 second season for Scott Frost would require an epic meltdown."

Should know way more Saturday night. If we can get it together this week to beat a credible Indiana team could catapult us into a nice homestretch, but if we can't get it together at home coming off a bye we are probably hosed. Hopefully going back to basics/fundamentals and trying to instill more physicality during the bye week will pay off for us.

2 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Got to think too, if the kids don't buy in and some big name U or NFL comes callin, Scott might go.  Couldn't blame him one bit.

No way.

First of all, Frost didn't come to Nebraska as a stepping stone job. This is home. Secondly, if he has multiple losing seasons at Nebraska, which big name schools or NFL teams would be trying to poach him?

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
32 minutes ago, Ulty said:

No way.

First of all, Frost didn't come to Nebraska as a stepping stone job. This is home. Secondly, if he has multiple losing seasons at Nebraska, which big name schools or NFL teams would be trying to poach him?

Yep. He could have had Florida, Florida State. Pretty much whatever job he wanted that was open. But he chose Nebraska. It was hard for him to leave UCF because of his relationships and the kids he recruited and coached. Now imagine all those relationships and kids he coached plus it is his alma mater. Dude aint going nowhere

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Ulty said:

No way.

Thank you, and I get this.  We will just have to see how it turns out.

• Haha 1