Can we be satisfied?

I don't normally follow Mechicken Football, but I looked into them because Jim Harbaugh has some similarities to Scott Frost and his seat may be getting warm (now in year 5 at UM)..His 1st 4 years, he went 10-3, 10-3, 8-5 and now 5-2. I can't imagine we'll ever be able to recruit as well as Mechicken does, but do you think our fan base will be satisfied being where UM is right now (or worse) in year 5? I have my doubts..I just keep telling myself it's only entertainment and have been replaying old Husker game videos during bye week of when my cousin was catching passes and throwing blocks for us back in the early 80's.

8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I'm sure the majority will not be satisfied if year 5 is not significantly better. As for me, I'm done with coaching changes. I'd probably piss and moan but I will never call for a coaching change again. If it comes to that, I'll just force myself to quit caring.

Agreed. We need some stability at the coaching spot. Frost can stay here as long as he wants. I believe in him 

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

Agreed. We need some stability at the coaching spot. Frost can stay here as long as he wants. I believe in him 

Believe in him to do what?

I still believe in him, but I'm starting to find myself having to temper some of my original thoughts..

I don't think this Offense will be effective long term, if at all...It will get more better with faster recruits, but then again...Will we ever out recruit a place like UCLA where Chip Kelly is struggling with a similar Offense/Defense philosophy in his year two?

Hopefully, S.F. is capable of evolving or adjusting faster than T.O AND HIS STAFF were...I know..Tall order.

These past two decades, I've been hoping for game time adjustments on our side instead of theirs..

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Believe in him to do what?

I still believe in him, but I'm starting to find myself having to temper some of my original thoughts..

I don't think this Offense will be effective long term, if at all...It will get more better with faster recruits, but then again...Will we ever out recruit a place like UCLA where Chip Kelly is struggling with a similar Offense/Defense philosophy in his year two?

Hopefully, S.F. is capable of evolving or adjusting faster than T.O was...I know..Tall order.

These past two decades, I've been hoping for game time adjustments on our side instead of theirs..

I can't wait until it gets more better.

Maybe that's just me.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Fans who expect us to be good with 1 full recruiting class is sitting with washington smoking too much wacky weed.  Mr. Rogers Riley took the program to all time lows.  That's takes time to fix.   These kind of topics are idiotic. 

No...I'm talking further into the future...Towards year 5 or so.

Speaking of smelling like Maurice's pet skunk...Unless Nebraska gets some sort of recruiting advantage, like say, making wacky weed recreationally legal...And striking it from our team rules...Do you think we could possibly make it to the 4-team playoffs?

I’m not sure a fan can even be truly satisfied, because outside of another national title, you’ll always want more.  

Bring our culture and consistent play to the level of Wisconsin and I’ll be good with that. For a while, at least.  I’ll eventually want to then start being mentioned along with OSU, UM and PSU as the regular year in and year out heavy hitters of the conference.  Where opposing fans storm the field after upsetting us. 

You get get to that level and you give yourself a chance at another title.  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, HUSKER 37 said:

No...I'm talking further into the future...Towards year 5 or so.

Speaking of smelling like Maurice's pet skunk...Unless Nebraska gets some sort of recruiting advantage, like say, making wacky weed recreationally legal...And striking it from our team rules...Do you think we could possibly make it to the 4-team playoffs?

I was around when fans wanted to get rid of TO and he almost went to Colorado.   I get tired of unrealistic fans.  I think he needs a top 20 recruiting class this year & next.    I still hold judgement on Austin & Rudd as I see very little improvement on the ol & lb. To answer just question, anything could happen but I doubt it.

• Plus1 3
28 minutes ago, HUSKER 37 said:

.Will we ever out recruit a place like UCLA where Chip Kelly is struggling with a similar Offense/Defense philosophy in his year two?

We out recruited UCLA last year and we're on Pace to again this year. The spread offense can and does work in the B1G. NU is not the only team to use it. I don't know enough about the defense, but Wisconsin makes a 3-4 work really well. 

• Plus1 6
2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I was around when fans wanted to get rid of TO and he almost went to Colorado.   I get tired of unrealistic fans.  I think he needs a top 20 recruiting class this year & next.    I still hold judgement on Austin & Rudd as I see very little improvement on the ol & lb. To answer just question, anything could happen but I doubt it.

Yeah...I started watching us regularly and listening to my radio back in 1970...And arguing with my girlfriend's dad who claimed to be a booster, but kept saying TO should go in 1979...I still wonder if he was really kidding.

Coaching staff really is key to MNC success.

2 minutes ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Yeah...I started watching us regularly and listening to my radio back in 1970...And arguing with my girlfriend's dad who claimed to be a booster, but kept saying TO should go in 1979...I still wonder if he was really kidding.

Coaching staff really is key to MNC success.

The key is toughness.  We have too many players who do not mind losing.  They are used to it because of riley.  When it's this bad, it takes 3 years to get rid of the riff raff.

• Plus1 2