ESPN Predicts where B1G teams finish...

Redux

Well, it doesn't look good if you ask the talking heads at the ESPN office...

Slotted No. 63 overall in the FBS ranks in ESPN's expansive FPI rankings, the Worldwide Leader expects a cataclysmic fall from grace the rest of the way for the Huskers, who might be playing without star tailback Maurice Washington for the remainder of the year. It doesn't look good for Nebraska, who is projected to lose all five of its remaining games against Indiana, Purdue, Wisconsin, Maryland and Iowa. That's shocking to say the least. The Huskers are only winning 47.7 percent of simulations vs. the Hoosiers and 39.6 percent of simulations vs. the Boilermakers, two teams Nebraska out-talents in roster depth. A 4-8 second season for Scott Frost would require an epic meltdown.

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/LongFormArticle/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-Michigan-Wolverines-football-Penn-State-Nittany-Lions-ESPN-FPI-projects-final-record-Big-Ten-137343334/#137343334_8

6 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

yesss! if they have speed to burn, get them in the damn game :woo

Rahmir can fly.  I'll be interested to see if he can make guys miss as well.  Excited to see what he can do the next two games.

Sounds like McCaffrey is still a work in progress, which isn't surprising.

• Plus1 1

From another board....

Observer of practice all week says Frost is throwing out everything (play book wise)to include the kitchen sink.....

Another poster who has dinner (at least once per year)with a former HC says that Frost has inherited the worse turn around in college football.  get your programs handy, IMHO we see a lot of new faces and some newer guys with a lot more playing time.

Rumors for sure, but goes to the OP.  I honestly tempered my expectations.  I figured 7-5, maybe 8-4......Then I came to the realization we have had back to back 4-8 seasons.  3 losing seasons in 4 years.....WTH would we be winning the B1G with the previous seasons records......

We lose tomorrow, I think the team implodes ala NU 2007.  We go 4-8....

Gonna be a while ladies and gents.....

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, lo country said:

From another board....

Observer of practice all week says Frost is throwing out everything (play book wise)to include the kitchen sink.....

Another poster who has dinner (at least once per year)with a former HC says that Frost has inherited the worse turn around in college football.  get your programs handy, IMHO we see a lot of new faces and some newer guys with a lot more playing time.

Rumors for sure, but goes to the OP.  I honestly tempered my expectations.  I figured 7-5, maybe 8-4......Then I came to the realization we have had back to back 4-8 seasons.  3 losing seasons in 4 years.....WTH would we be winning the B1G with the previous seasons records......

I have dinner with a former HC at least 4 times a year..so yeah

23 minutes ago, lo country said:

From another board....

Frost inherited a horrible mess thanks in large part to university leadership who couldn't get out of the way of their own ego(s).

That said, Frost has us on the right track.  Let's see what happens tomorrow.

• Plus1 2

Frost inherited the worst turn around in college football..............

What does that mean and why was this said?

Does this mean anything?  I would think of a few reasons why this job could be viewed that way, but don't understand the phrase.  I mean our fan base alone can sour alot of normal people away from this place...........Nebraska,, not for everyone!