Percent of Income Spent on Food - At Home vs. Eating Out

Looks about right.  We are about 50/50 since we have 2 kids and both do different things in the evening.  Daughter has karate, gymnastics and soccer, son has karate, soccer and only the karate is at the same place, just different times.  The weekend every meal is made at home unless we do a lunch after karate or soccer games.  Hard to not eat out when you're getting home at 8:30 nightly after the kids activities.

8 hours ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Looks about right.  We are about 50/50 since we have 2 kids and both do different things in the evening.  Daughter has karate, gymnastics and soccer, son has karate, soccer and only the karate is at the same place, just different times.  The weekend every meal is made at home unless we do a lunch after karate or soccer games.  Hard to not eat out when you're getting home at 8:30 nightly after the kids activities.

Speaking of Karate...I thought it had died out and the other day I saw a brand new stand alone building just for Karate...blew my mind.  

On 10/25/2019 at 6:29 PM, teachercd said:

Speaking of Karate...I thought it had died out and the other day I saw a brand new stand alone building just for Karate...blew my mind.  

I did it as a kid and it taught me a lot about responsibility, the kids enjoy it and it keeps them off the tablet which the wife thought would only allow them to play learning games, then they found youtube kids.

6 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

I did it as a kid and it taught me a lot about responsibility, the kids enjoy it and it keeps them off the tablet which the wife thought would only allow them to play learning games, then they found youtube kids.

Haha!  Give a kid a tablet and within 15 minutes they are navigating the dark web!