Indiana Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

8 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I'm trying to give you the trophy but im not sure how to change it.

I'm getting sick of "buy in"  if I never hear that phrase again it will be too soon. He should have what- like 50 or so guys on the roster that are "his guys" right?  Doesn't include walk on's, but gosh darn, start pointing the thumb. 

Agreed, I agree with him on what he says the problems are. There's not a lot he can do about the talent issue but recruit and develop better dudes but that takes time, but when every week guys aren't doing the right thing on game day or during the week and it isn't being punished by taking away their playing time that's on the coaches. I don't buy the line "but there's no one else to play" that's crap there are other players theater just young and it's not like the starters are playing great anyway. Punish the problem guys by not playing them.

Obviously a tough pill to swallow today but given everything I am still optimistic. Offense found some groove under our second and even 3rd string freshman QB. Hopefully that can carry over to next week.

On defense it was bad, but I think we will finally start to see some depth chart shake up here at the end of the year. Really think coaches want to preserve redshirts at this point and maybe want to replace guys lacking effort but just don't have the replacement to do it. That is until some freshman get the greenlight to play in their 4 games.

ST....not much good to say about this but hopefully pickering can knock the rust off and help us out down the stretch. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Agreed, I agree with him on what he says the problems are. There's not a lot he can do about the talent issue but recruit and develop better dudes but that takes time, but when every week guys aren't doing the right thing on game day or during the week and it isn't being punished by taking away their playing time that's on the coaches. I don't buy the line "but there's no one else to play" that's crap there are other players theater just young and it's not like the starters are playing great anyway. Punish the problem guys by not playing them.

We are about to see but I really think it is more about getting through this year keeping guys redshirted more than them not being ready period. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, BigWillie said:

By putting the blame directly on the players for not 'buying in'?

Frost came here 2 years ago pointing the fingers at the previous staff for the ineptitude and record. Now the struggles have continued, and actually gotten worse, but instead the blame goes to the players?

tenor.gif

The upperclassmen suck and have zero leadership.

Yes, it's the players.

Thankfully Frost is willing to take on this mess.  And it is a mess.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 2

If we're being honest there are only two winnable games left in the schedule and the only the only thing you can be sure of is that this team will screw up at least one of those so a bowl game most likely won't happen.

So it's time to go all in on the young guys.  there are some upperclassmen I just don't see the point in ever playing again. Is Nelson always in the right position no but does he always play his ads off yes, can you say the same of Alex Davis? Has anyone heard Carlos Davis named called lately? How about give his snaps to Rodgers and Stille. Does dismuke ever make a play in coverage? How about giving some of those young dbs they talked up all offseason . Move farniok to guard and give Benhart the next three starts at right tackle. If the upperclassmen aren't getting it done it's time to play for the future especially since its unlikely they'll be getting extra bowl practices.

• Plus1 4
13 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

We are about to see but I really think it is more about getting through this year keeping guys redshirted more than them not being ready period. 

I think after the Ohio State game the coaches knew this season was going to be more about building and decided to redshirt a lot of guys. No reason to waste a talented freshmen class on this mess of a season. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think you're right I don't think they expected to be this bad and now they're just trying to get through the year. I just think it's sets a bad example for the young players in this team when they keep seeing the same dudes f#&%up during practices, warm ups and games and then get rewarded with playing time. Not sure how you build a winning culture that way.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

I think you're right I don't think they expected to be this bad and now they're just trying to get through the year. I just think it's sets a bad example for the young players in this team when they keep seeing the same dudes f#&%up during practices, warm ups and games and then get rewarded with playing time. Not sure how you build a winning culture that way.

I agree. They should’ve just rolled with the young guys from the beginning this year or at least after the Ohio State game. You’re never going to change the culture by keeping the rotten apples around and setting a bad example for the young and impressionable players. Plus for next year you’ve got to get these young guys the most experience they can possibly get. But at this point it’s too late, just preserve all the redshirts you can 

• Haha 1