Indiana Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

5 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

By putting the blame directly on the players for not 'buying in'?

Frost came here 2 years ago pointing the fingers at the previous staff for the ineptitude and record. Now the struggles have continued, and actually gotten worse, but instead the blame goes to the players?

tenor.gif

So Frost isnt "buying in"?  

1 hour ago, LumberJackSker said:

I have some questions after watching like 10 min of the post game presser. Frost keeps talking about guys not buying in or give 100%, I'm assuming these are starters or at least guys that play a lot since he bothers to bring it up but why do they play and get a chance to screw up every week if they're not doing the right things? 

Frost seems to have identified the problems which is lack of talent, execution and want to.  Of those things two are fixable with coaching and leadership right now and I've seen nothing this year that shows that this staff can do that.

And how are Mondays always great practices?  I like Scott, but I don't think he knows what he's trying to convey in these emotional pressers.  He has ideas, but there are holes.  He likes what he sees Mon - Thurs, then eggs laid Saturdays.  

Scott needs to get more involved in knowing the defense.  Hell, Urban Meyer COACHED the ST unit.  He's gotta know this stuff.  It isn't co-head coaches.  

• Plus1 3

16 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

And how are Mondays always great practices?  I like Scott, but I don't think he knows what he's trying to convey in these emotional pressers.  He has ideas, but there are holes.  He likes what he sees Mon - Thurs, then eggs laid Saturdays.  

Scott needs to get more involved in knowing the defense.  Hell, Urban Meyer COAHED the ST unit.  He's gotta know this stuff.  It isn't co-head coaches.  

Listed to part of the presser. Said getting ready this morning, Daniels had to yell at the guys to get right. Really?  WTF does anyone not have the on game face on gameday....

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Listed to part of the presser. Said getting ready this morning, Daniels had to yell at the guys to get right. Really?  WTF does anyone not have the on game face on gameday....

There's a lot of guys on this team who just really don't care still. They just want their scholarship. 

• Plus1 5

It is disturbing that Frost does not admit that his coaches need to do a much better job. He keeps saying that we do not have enough players that have bought in but isn’t it his job and his coaches’ jobs to get these players ready. After two weeks of practice and preparation, there is no excuse for being outcoached in your own stadium. Let us call a spade a spade...the coaches are failing these players because they are not coaching them right. The blame also falls on Frost who has failed to discipline players who continue to commit stupid fouls. He can’t just blame the players. There is plenty of blame to go around and when we have the better talent and still lose, that is on coaching.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

It is disturbing that Frost does not admit that his coaches need to do a much better job. He keeps saying that we do not have enough players that have bought in but isn’t it his job and his coaches’ jobs to get these players ready. After two weeks of practice and preparation, there is no excuse for being outcoached in your own stadium. Let us call a spade a spade...the coaches are failing these players because they are not coaching them right. The blame also falls on Frost who has failed to discipline players who continue to commit stupid fouls. He can’t just blame the players. There is plenty of blame to go around and when we have the better talent and still lose, that is on coaching.

Which tells us all to strap it in and brace for frost to ride and die with his UCF bros 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, LumberJackSker said:

I have some questions after watching like 10 min of the post game presser. Frost keeps talking about guys not buying in or give 100%, I'm assuming these are starters or at least guys that play a lot since he bothers to bring it up but why do they play and get a chance to screw up every week if they're not doing the right things? 

Frost seems to have identified the problems which is lack of talent, execution and want to.  Of those things two are fixable with coaching and leadership right now and I've seen nothing this year that shows that this staff can do that.

I'm trying to give you the trophy but im not sure how to change it.

I'm getting sick of "buy in"  if I never hear that phrase again it will be too soon. He should have what- like 50 or so guys on the roster that are "his guys" right?  Doesn't include walk on's, but gosh darn, start pointing the thumb. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

I'm trying to give you the trophy but im not sure how to change it.

I'm getting sick of "buy in"  if I never hear that phrase again it will be too soon. He should have what- like 50 or so guys on the roster that are "his guys" right?  Doesn't include walk on's, but gosh darn, start pointing the thumb. 

He has got away with that excuse so far but I think people are getting tired of it, it’s time he starts to own the team 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Two things we will probably hear again this season from Frost:

1.  We had a great week of practice.

2.  After a loss, the players are not buying in.

Something is not adding up.  If players are not buying in week in and week out, why are they still playing?  Wouldn't this also be apparent in practices, or are players buying in during practices and deciding not to perform on gamedays (which makes no sense). 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1