Mr. 800k #Cashin’ Checks

1 hour ago, twofittyonred said:

Not sure what you consider a strong defense.... Are you defending the defense that allowed 21 points to S. Alabama.  S. Alabama couldn't score that many against the likes of Memphis, UAB, LA-Monroe, GA Southern, Troy and App State..??   That defense..??  Better brew a pot of coffee and learn to enjoy the aroma...

Not sure why you think our offense has been so much better this year?   Was it the 14 points they scored against S. Alabama? Or the 14 points they scored FOR  S. Alabama??  

Was it the 31 points we scored against that Colorado defense that gives up 35 per game? Cause we also turned it over 3 times, making our defense defend 3 extra possessions.  Not to mention our Defense held them to a field goal in O.T., and our Offense couldnt even gain positive yardage for our kicker.

You must be thinking of the Northern Illinois game where we scored 44 points.  The same game where our defense didnt give up a touchdown all game.  

Maybe the Illinois game where we put up 42 points? Our offense also put up 21 points for illinois, as they scored 3 touchdowns off of our 5 turnovers, and 7 of our points were scored off of a created turnover by our defense.  For a net Offense of +14 points. 

Ohio state? Our offense scored 7 points, and gave Ohio State 17 points off of 3 interceptions.  Resulting in a -10 point net offense.

Northwestern?  We did put up 13 points.

Minnesota? We scored 7 points...

Indiana is the first game our defense lost us the game.  And even in this game with a final score of 31-38, they scored 14 points off of our offense' turnovers.  And we scored 7 off of a turnover. For a net +10 points from our offense.  But i agree our defense played bad.  But if were gonna talk about firing coaches, Chinander shouldnt be top of that list.  Our offense has been even worse.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Not sure why you think our offense has been so much better this year?   Was it the 14 points they scored against S. Alabama? Or the 14 points they scored FOR  S. Alabama?? 

Never said it was... just pointing out the fact that you are defending a dead horse...  If we had anything close to a solid defense this year and we are already bowl eligible... 

3 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

yes...  I'm sure it was a "come here and direct me to my coverage"... 

No, it wasn't.  It was a "get your a$$ over here", because he was right.  LBs and DBs were misaligned.  I'm sure it was a film study thing so he knew what was happening.  Lamar was the only guy that had a chance at the WR on the jet sweep and he was chasing all the way across the formation as he went in motion.  Should have had a LB over there.

1 minute ago, twofittyonred said:

At stating the obvious..??  If you think dismuke is a talent, id have to question your knowledge

Wtf are you on about? What I was talking about had nothing to do with how well dismuke can tackle or take angles. He was calling for an alignment shift because he knew Indiana had bodies on his side. As you could tell by the result of the play, they obviously did and he was right to call for an extra man before the shift

15 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Our offense has been a s#!tshow all year.  The defense joined them today.  

If you were talking about todays game i would agree with you.  But your topic is about Chinander, and every single coach on the offensive side of the ball has performed worse than Chin.  So, look at the season as a whole, before u decide you want to fire him before any others Swedishfish!

I beg to differ. Held has done a better job than A lot of guys on the other side of the ball.

Look I know you might ignore half of the games at this point after the offense is done. Yes they have been bad.

But for goodness sake dude, look at the damn box scores, you know, the only stat that actually matters.

35-21

L, 31-34 OT

44-8

42-38

L 7-48

13-10

L 7-34

L, 31-38

That is TWO games the defense showed up to. And one was against a bad NIU team.

I count FIVE, maybe SIX with the Northwestern game we showed up on the offensive side even with a terrible O-line.

If you can’t see that I can’t help you.

52 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

I beg to differ. Held has done a better job than A lot of guys on the other side of the ball.

Look I know you might ignore half of the games at this point after the offense is done. Yes they have been bad.

But for goodness sake dude, look at the damn box scores, you know, the only stat that actually matters.

35-21

L, 31-34 OT

44-8

42-38

L 7-48

13-10

L 7-34

L, 31-38

That is TWO games the defense showed up to. And one was against a bad NIU team.

I count FIVE, maybe SIX with the Northwestern game we showed up on the offensive side even with a terrible O-line.

If you can’t see that I can’t help you.

Do you read?   

Half our points given up are from turnovers from our offense. The USA game is but one example. 

-Yes we scored 35 points.  Our offense only scored 14 of those. Our defense also scored 14 of those.

-Yes we gave up 21.  Our OFFENSE gave up 14 of those points bud.

Same thing with most of our games. Half the points we give up are a result of turnovers from our OFFENSE.  

Look again at the 8 games, I count 7 games our defense was better than our offense.  Indiana the ONLY game our offense played better.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, twofittyonred said:

Never said it was... just pointing out the fact that you are defending a dead horse...  If we had anything close to a solid defense this year and we are already bowl eligible... 

Touchey, If we had anything close to a solid offense this year , we are bowl eligible.