Mr. 800k #Cashin’ Checks

20 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Do you read?   

Half our points given up are from turnovers from our offense. The USA game is but one example. 

-Yes we scored 35 points.  Our offense only scored 14 of those. Our defense also scored 14 of those.

-Yes we gave up 21.  Our OFFENSE gave up 14 of those points bud.

Same thing with most of our games. Half the points we give up are a result of turnovers from our OFFENSE.  

Look again at the 8 games, I count 7 games our defense was better than our offense.  Indiana the ONLY game our offense played better.

Yeah not buying it. That’s an inferior opponent for ONE game of the season to open the season. Since then the defense hasn’t stopped anything when it has mattered most.

13 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Yeah not buying it. That’s an inferior opponent for ONE game of the season to open the season. Since then the defense hasn’t stopped anything when it has mattered most.

I agree. They are soft as melted ice cream. Also if we turn it over on their 15 yard line and they drive 85 yards for the td that is no longer the offenses fault. 

If we turn it over on our own 10 then I give the D a pass

12 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

I gave a game by game analysis.  What games other than Indiana did our offense outplay our defense? 

• Plus1 2
19 hours ago, CharBroiled said:

I feel the strain.

Let's rank the crappy D-coordinators.

Chinander
Diaco
Banker
Cosgrove

#1 Cosgrove - Dude had Suh and couldn't do jack squat

#2 Banker - Is legitimately insane

#3 Diaco - Really only had half a season to show us how bad he was, could be higher up

#4 Chinander - At this rate he will be #1 in no time!

I'm not gonna speak on Chin before his time at Nebraska, I really didn't watch UCF outside a couple of games. I don't think the things Chin's Defenses do well, put us an a place to win games in the B1G. Ive been happy with the pass defense for the most part, our secondary is solid - make any DB cover a guy for 8 seconds and you're gonna have a breakdown - that's not on them. I'm not going to complain about our ability to face turnovers either. I think that has improved since Chin arrived. 

The two things that have been outright bad - ability to stop the run when it matters and ability to get to the QB. What worries me is in the B1G, not being able to do those two things are going to get you beat 99% of the time by Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn St, Ohio St, Michigan - and its probably gonna get you beat at least half the time by everyone else in the conf. I really hope we can get difference makers at LB and DL, I'm not huge into recruiting so I have no idea if help is on the way on those fronts. 

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'm not gonna speak on Chin before his time at Nebraska, I really didn't watch UCF outside a couple of games. I don't think the things Chin's Defenses do well, put us an a place to win games in the B1G. Ive been happy with the pass defense for the most part, our secondary is solid - make any DB cover a guy for 8 seconds and you're gonna have a breakdown - that's not on them. I'm not going to complain about our ability to face turnovers either. I think that has improved since Chin arrived. 

The two things that have been outright bad - ability to stop the run when it matters and ability to get to the QB. What worries me is in the B1G, not being able to do those two things are going to get you beat 99% of the time by Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn St, Ohio St, Michigan - and its probably gonna get you beat at least half the time by everyone else in the conf. I really hope we can get difference makers at LB and DL, I'm not huge into recruiting so I have no idea if help is on the way on those fronts. 

In the post game presser, Frost indicated the needed personnel to generate a pass rush is not currently on the roster. 

17 minutes ago, TheSker said:

In the post game presser, Frost indicated the needed personnel to generate a pass rush is not currently on the roster. 

It's the most glaring problem with the D, I'm sure they'll do their best to address it - the bad thing is everyone needs elite pass rushers. Lots of competition for those dudes.

1 hour ago, BigPeterJ said:

I gave a game by game analysis.  What games other than Indiana did our offense outplay our defense? 

I don't think the offense has been night and day better then the D. I do think the big difference is, it appears the offense has the pieces to get us where we need to go - QB room is impressive and young, RB recruiting has been very impressive from what I've seen, Wandale has all-conf potential, OL seems to be getting one Army All American type per class. I don't know if we have the guys on the roster or in the recruiting class that are capable of making a big jump in stopping the run/pressuring the QB. 

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It's the most glaring problem with the D, I'm sure they'll do their best to address it - the bad thing is everyone needs elite pass rushers. Lots of competition for those dudes.

I don't think the offense has been night and day better then the D. I do think the big difference is, it appears the offense has the pieces to get us where we need to go - QB room is impressive and young, RB recruiting has been very impressive from what I've seen, Wandale has all-conf potential, OL seems to be getting one Army All American type per class. I don't know if we have the guys on the roster or in the recruiting class that are capable of making a big jump in stopping the run/pressuring the QB. 

I think we have some young guys who will be great. Ty Robinson is a difference maker at DE. Casey Rogers will be very good I think. LBs like Henrich and Hannah will be all conference type guys and Garret Nelson is a machine. His motor is unreal and I think he will turn into an elite pass rusher from the OLB spot. Also have some great DBs waiting in the wings

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think we have some young guys who will be great. Ty Robinson is a difference maker at DE. Casey Rogers will be very good I think. LBs like Henrich and Hannah will be all conference type guys and Garret Nelson is a machine. His motor is unreal and I think he will turn into an elite pass rusher from the OLB spot. Also have some great DBs waiting in the wings

Is Hannah ILB or OLB?

Has Robinson played a snap yet?

1 hour ago, BigPeterJ said:

U must have missed my prior post.  Other tha Indiana, what games did our offense outplay our Defense?

Minnesota? I recall our defense could not stop them and they could have put up 60 if they wanted. Martinez was injured, ergo, our best offensive player is not out there.

Ohio State? Our defense was out of position on every damn play, even before we got blown out.

Illinois? We were lucky to score more than them with RECORD offensive yardage.

Our offense is putting up great yardage, more than our defense is giving up by a very close margin.6503AA57-146E-4A54-BD87-7A300E2F983D.thumb.png.5acb40cb96bdb503361a1618d0f06dd1.png

Against Minnesota, Ohio State, Illinois, Indiana, and Colorado. Our defense was lucky they didn’t pour more on with how badly they give up yardage and points