Mr. 800k #Cashin’ Checks

And a huge point that has been largely missed up until now, save for 3 or 4 upperclassman on the offensive side of the ball, the defense has almost all seniors on the D-line, juniors and seniors at linebacker, and juniors and seniors at DB.

Yet they give up 30+ points per game to inferior talent.

1000% coaching.

Year 2 and Indiana, Minnesota, and Illinois have all improved. Why are you covering up for a very poor showing all year from this defensive unit. They have NOT improved.

1 minute ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Has Chinander ever put a stellar defense on the field? Or a consistently good one?

Seems to me that if your offense puts up 31 points you should win the game. Assuming you have a competent defense of course.

The most staggering thing of all was 4 straight drives and touchdowns for Indiana to close out the game. Followed by the fact that we could not stop the run with 4 minutes left to play.

Hell they didn’t even need to throw the ball to finish us out. The defense completely folded yesterday and they were supposed to be our best unit coming into this season.

48 minutes ago, TheSker said:

With the 4 game rule, it'd be nice to see those two get a few snaps.....since the guys in their respective positions seem to struggle with the mental part of the game 

I agree. Not sure how much we will see them but there are quite a few guys I think could make a difference for us in their 4 games down the stretch. Probably see some new guys at DE, LB and S(depth is so thin at S) 

1 hour ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Minnesota? I recall our defense could not stop them and they could have put up 60 if they wanted. Martinez was injured, ergo, our best offensive player is not out there.

Ohio State? Our defense was out of position on every damn play, even before we got blown out.

Illinois? We were lucky to score more than them with RECORD offensive yardage.

Our offense is putting up great yardage, more than our defense is giving up by a very close margin.6503AA57-146E-4A54-BD87-7A300E2F983D.thumb.png.5acb40cb96bdb503361a1618d0f06dd1.png

Against Minnesota, Ohio State, Illinois, Indiana, and Colorado. Our defense was lucky they didn’t pour more on with how badly they give up yardage and points

Im dissapointed with how our defense has played the last 2 games, but over the course of the whole year, i disagree that they have been worse than our offense.  What i think your missing is how many points have been scored on us as a result of turnovers from our offense.

You brought up 3 games where you think our defense was worse than our offense.  

Minnesota:  we only scored once, and idc if we didnt have Martinez, Vedral has been as good as Martinez this year anyway.  I would call that equally bad at best.  

Ohio State: Not only did our offense only score once all game, but they also turned it over 3 times, leading to 17 points from short field.  Ohio state scored 10 more points off of Interceptions than our offense scored period.  As bad as our Defense was, our offense was even worse.

Illinois: Yes we scored 42 points.  We also turned it over 5 times.  Leading to 21 points for illinois.  More than half of the points Illinois scored can be attributed to our Offense.  Also our defense forced a turnover leading to 7 points for us.  It was a case of our Offense creating points for both teams.  That has happened alot this season.  

You cant just overlook turnovers that lead to short fields for the opposing Offense.  If your offense puts up 700 yards, but throws 5 interceptions on your own 20, the net production of your offense is far less than the numbers indicate.  Because you may score 40 points, but also give the defense 20..

• Thanks 2
6 hours ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

I beg to differ. Held has done a better job than A lot of guys on the other side of the ball.

Look I know you might ignore half of the games at this point after the offense is done. Yes they have been bad.

But for goodness sake dude, look at the damn box scores, you know, the only stat that actually matters.

35-21

L, 31-34 OT

44-8

42-38

L 7-48

13-10

L 7-34

L, 31-38

That is TWO games the defense showed up to. And one was against a bad NIU team.

I count FIVE, maybe SIX with the Northwestern game we showed up on the offensive side even with a terrible O-line.

If you can’t see that I can’t help you.

Bronander needs sumpthin'

18 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Im dissapointed with how our defense has played the last 2 games, but over the course of the whole year, i disagree that they have been worse than our offense.  What i think your missing is how many points have been scored on us as a result of turnovers from our offense.

You brought up 3 games where you think our defense was worse than our offense.  

Minnesota:  we only scored once, and idc if we didnt have Martinez, Vedral has been as good as Martinez this year anyway.  I would call that equally bad at best.  

Ohio State: Not only did our offense only score once all game, but they also turned it over 3 times, leading to 17 points from short field.  Ohio state scored 10 more points off of Interceptions than our offense scored period.  As bad as our Defense was, our offense was even worse.

Illinois: Yes we scored 42 points.  We also turned it over 5 times.  Leading to 21 points for illinois.  More than half of the points Illinois scored can be attributed to our Offense.  Also our defense forced a turnover leading to 7 points for us.  It was a case of our Offense creating points for both teams.  That has happened alot this season.  

You cant just overlook turnovers that lead to short fields for the opposing Offense.  If your offense puts up 700 yards, but throws 5 interceptions on your own 20, the net production of your offense is far less than the numbers indicate.  Because you may score 40 points, but also give the defense 20..

See above post about which side of the field has upper class men and which is pretty much all underclassmen. Both sides have sucked, but I remain more underwhelmed by where the defense should be at this point in the year.

34 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

See above post about which side of the field has upper class men and which is pretty much all underclassmen. Both sides have sucked, but I remain more underwhelmed by where the defense should be at this point in the year.

They have more upperclassmen sure.  But they dont have more talent.  I would say we have more talent on offense.  

Our defense has been s#!tty the last 2 games, how bout that.  We were both in the mood to argue after that HUGE loss yesterday, but i think the point is we have been underwhelming almost everywhere. I just dont think we should be firing Chin at this point.  

Offensive line has been underwhelming, Receiving game,

Tight end game,

Passing game,

Inside running game,

Linebackers have been terrible,

Run defense has been good at times, but bad at times, especially if the ballcarrier gets through the first line.

Pass defense has been ok at times, but bad just as often.

Its hard to find a bright spot right now.  If we won that game, and continued to improve, we still had a punchers chance at the West.  It was a huge game, and our defense played their worst game of the year which is dissapointing.   I get why your pissed at that performance.  Our offense atleast finally showed some improvemnt.   

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I’m sure this looks good for recruits. Per Wikipedia: 

Erik ‘Chimichanga’ Chinander (born December 19, 1979) is an American football coach. He is currently the top 2 worst ever defensive coordinator at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln.[1] He played college football for Iowa.[2] He was also Scott Frost's defensive coordinator at UCF for two years, including the undefeated 2017 UCF team that was ranked No. 6 in the final AP Poll.[3]

Erik Chinander
Current position
Title Defensive coordinator
Team Nebraska
Conference Big Ten
Biographical details
Born December 19, 1979 (age 39)
Playing career
1998–2002 Iowa
Position(s) Offensive lineman
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
2003 Ellsworth CC (OL/DL)
2004–2009 Northern Iowa (TE/RC)
2010–2012 Oregon (GA)
2013 Philadelphia Eagles (Asst. DL)
2014–2015 Oregon (OLB)
2016–2017 UCF (DC)
2018–present Nebraska (DC)

9 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

I’m sure this looks good for recruits. Per Wikipedia: 

Erik ‘Chimichanga’ Chinander (born December 19, 1979) is an American football coach. He is currently the top 2 worst ever defensive coordinator at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln.[1] He played college football for Iowa.[2] He was also Scott Frost's defensive coordinator at UCF for two years, including the undefeated 2017 UCF team that was ranked No. 6 in the final AP Poll.[3]

Erik Chinander
Current position
Title Defensive coordinator
Team Nebraska
Conference Big Ten
Biographical details
Born December 19, 1979 (age 39)
Playing career
1998–2002 Iowa
Position(s) Offensive lineman
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
2003 Ellsworth CC (OL/DL)
2004–2009 Northern Iowa (TE/RC)
2010–2012 Oregon (GA)
2013 Philadelphia Eagles (Asst. DL)
2014–2015 Oregon (OLB)
2016–2017 UCF (DC)
2018–present Nebraska (DC)

I can get down with Chimichanga Chinander.

2 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

They have more upperclassmen sure.  But they dont have more talent.  I would say we have more talent on offense.  

Our defense has been s#!tty the last 2 games, how bout that.  We were both in the mood to argue after that HUGE loss yesterday, but i think the point is we have been underwhelming almost everywhere. I just dont think we should be firing Chin at this point.  

Offensive line has been underwhelming, Receiving game,

Tight end game,

Passing game,

Inside running game,

Linebackers have been terrible,

Run defense has been good at times, but bad at times, especially if the ballcarrier gets through the first line.

Pass defense has been ok at times, but bad just as often.

Its hard to find a bright spot right now.  If we won that game, and continued to improve, we still had a punchers chance at the West.  It was a huge game, and our defense played their worst game of the year which is dissapointing.   I get why your pissed at that performance.  Our offense atleast finally showed some improvemnt.   

Sorry for coming across in a bad mood, we’re in the same boat and want to see the Huskers have better days.

I apologize.

On 10/26/2019 at 8:27 PM, BigPeterJ said:

Clearly your related to Ausin or Frost.  What your not seeing is that our offense has been worse than our defense all year.  So IF your gonna call for Chinanders head, u better be calling for heads on the offensive side of the ball. 

anybody ever teach you that it is you're, not "your"? 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Sorry for coming across in a bad mood, we’re in the same boat and want to see the Huskers have better days.

I apologize.

Tbh i was so upset after the game, i just wanted to find something i disagreed with to argue about.  It was a devastating loss imo.  Our offense gave me hope early on, i really liked how they played the first half.  But we played terrible Defense, and our offense lost its magic in the 2nd half.

7 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Has Chinander ever put a stellar defense on the field? Or a consistently good one?

Seems to me that if your offense puts up 31 points you should win the game. Assuming you have a competent defense of course.

Bbbbbb...but....we give up 33.6 points a game in the B10.  (Would be worse save NW’s beyond bad offense)

So sadly your mistaken 31 points isn’t enough.  

Chinander is in over his head.  B10 coaches are schooling him each week.

• Thanks 1