Mr. 800k #Cashin’ Checks

5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Its actually very interesting to see that the last school has pretty much the same sentiment about Chinander that a lot of Husker fans seem to have. Supporting that the Husker fans who are skeptical about Chinander are not alone. If you wish to leave your head in the sand and hope that Chinander will grow into a great DC. Go ahead.

It wouldn't be the type of support group I'd go surfing for, but to each their own.

19 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Its actually very interesting to see that the last school has pretty much the same sentiment about Chinander that a lot of Husker fans seem to have. Supporting that the Husker fans who are skeptical about Chinander are not alone. If you wish to leave your head in the sand and hope that Chinander will grow into a great DC. Go ahead.

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think 3 and a half years as a DC in his career is a little soon to assume he won't ever be a great DC. He's taken over atrocious defenses both places he's been a DC. 

UCF 2015 (pre-Chinander) allowed 37.7 ppg (118th), 464 ypg (116th) at 6.5 per play (115th), and only forced 1.1 turnovers per game (116th). By 2017 those numbers were 25.3 ppg (52nd), 427.9 ypg (94th), 5.7 ypp (70th), and 2.5 tpg (2nd).

Nebraska 2017 was 36.4ppg (116th), 438.1 ypg (101st), 6.4 ypp (113th), and 1 tpg (116th). Currently 28.9 ppg (77th), 401 ypg (70th), 5.6 ypp (68th), 1.5 tpg (63rd).

I'm not arguing that those current numbers are good enough, or that Chinander is for sure a great (or even good) DC. But there is measurable progress, and bringing in another DC won't be a quick fix. He deserves more time, especially considering the personnel challenges at LB which I think has been a major factor in most of our poor defensive performances. Bad run fits and no pass rush off the edge is pretty crippling for any DC.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I thought I would check the UCF rivals board and they have a current thread about Nebraska. It was interesting to read, only 3 pages worth. A popular sentiment seems to be Chinander will restrict how high we climb. So their fan base was unhappy as well and they were undefeated. 

One funny comment they had that made me laugh because we saw it last week was they were talking about Chinander ability to give up 3rd and long. They called 3rd and long . 3rd and Chinander 

pretty sad if your known for blowing 3rd and long 

It's pretty sad that you creep around other teams message boards.

8 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

It's pretty sad that you creep around other teams message boards.

Not really. An Orlando columnist just put out a article about Nebraska. So I figured they would have a Nebraska topic going on. 

Not sure creepy is the right word for reading a message board. I personally like other people's view points not just staying in my echo chamber of Husker fans thoughts.

• Plus1 5

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Not really. An Orlando columnist just put out a article about Nebraska. So I figured they would have a Nebraska topic going on. 

Not sure creepy is the right word for reading a message board. I personally like other people's view points not just staying in my echo chamber of Husker fans thoughts.

tenor.gif

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I for one am completely shocked that fans would express a bad opinion about a coach that no longer works there.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I for one am completely shocked that fans would express a bad opinion about a coach that no longer works there.

Most of them were pretty level headed. Most had nothing but good things to say about Frost and the rest of the staff. They mostly just mentioned Chins as the weak link of the staff. So it wasnt just sour grapes. Also to be fair I think most of UCF fans were saying the same things while chins was there. If you remember most of their fans were fine with Chins following Frost.

• Plus1 2