Mr. 800k #Cashin’ Checks

Chins has another year to prove his worth.  Last game was rough but it is obvious the areas we are deficient in right now. 

OU got rid of  Venables, and now he is a defensive mastermind at Clemson.  Coaching defense is much easier when you get some horses to run the system.  Offense is easier to scheme and get a lot out of a little.  Defense on the other hand will get exposed if you don't have the guys to run it.  

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Chins has another year to prove his worth.  Last game was rough but it is obvious the areas we are deficient in right now. 

OU got rid of  Venables, and now he is a defensive mastermind at Clemson.  Coaching defense is much easier when you get some horses to run the system.  Offense is easier to scheme and get a lot out of a little.  Defense on the other hand will get exposed if you don't have the guys to run it.  

Well, and let's be honest--we have kids that *could* run it, but for whatever reason they're just not mentally checked in to do so. 

I'm not happy with Chinander by any stretch, but when you have a player calling out a glaring hole in coverage due to an offensive shift and the defense standing there with their thumb up their arse, how effective can any coaching be that you attempt to do?

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

Why does Mr. 800 insist on playing base defense every single snap?  

Part of my problem with him is some people want to just blindly give him a pass and call it no talent. But I view physical talent as a separate issue to mental smarts. You dont have to be a physical talent to play smart football. So are people really saying we have guys that are not physically talented and they also dont understand football or the schemes. 

Because I have a hard time believing our players on defense are all dumb and not talented.

We should still be able to field a smart disciplined defense even if they lack the physical tools to complete with the likes of Ohio State.

• Fire 1

4th and 7 and we have 3 players.....3......behind the WR for a 1st down. Just common sense football. We don't have a ton of talent but sure as hell have enough to be better than what we are. Our alignment has been off since game 1 of last season and nothing has changed. This defense is buns 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

4th and 7 and we have 3 players.....3......behind the WR for a 1st down. Just common sense football. We don't have a ton of talent but sure as hell have enough to be better than what we are. Our alignment has been off since game 1 of last season and nothing has changed. This defense is buns 

Get used to it. 

Scott Frost: "I don't question my coaches. They know what they're doing. ... They're the right guys to do it."

8 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I wholeheartedly agree...no one likes a micromanager...

unless the results are OBVIOUSLY substandard, and cost you games.

Saban, Meyer and Dabo have stayed on top of college football by questioning whats happening around them. Burying your head in the sand and say they got it is not a winning recipe. Does a DC with 1.5 years of P5 coaching experience earn the right to have no one question his scheme? Especially when you allow over 30 points a game and the kids are not even aligned correctly pre snap.

Maybe Osborne did say let your coaches coach. BUT he had a solid staff that were proven winners and coaches. Chin has proven nothing in his career as DC. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I mean .... he doesn't.  At all.  But it's fun to say.

It’s funny because I was thinking the opposite, that we are getting too cute too often, and that I can’t imagine it would be worse if we just straight up matched 5 on 5 with dbacks in man and rushed everyone else lmao

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I mean .... he doesn't.  At all.  But it's fun to say.

I agree. It's fun, but it's not true in the slightest. 

Just like it's fun for me to point out Mavric posts like he's in base admin mode every page, and it's fun for Mavric to ban me for saying he posts like he's in base adm--

This user has been banned by the Administrator. 

• Haha 5