What did we learn? The Indiana edition (sponsored by the Greg Louganis Diving School)

2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

You are right my bad...let us move to FCS. Do you think we can compete there? Our defense might still struggle

pretty sad when those teams we paid lots of $$ to could now kick our arses.  What about Pacific?  To bad they disbanded their program as they could surely get a lick in too

2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

-We need more vertical plays. Even if it’s a rollout and only has two WRs, we need more verticality to this offense to open things up.

-This defense was making the exact same mistakes they did at Minny. What did they work on during the bye week.

-Indiana’s flopping is bulls***, and I don’y like seeing cheaters succeed. Guess that’s why I don’t like SEC football. 
-We need to review our coaching staff. Our special teams were maddening yet again, our defense was suspect at best, and it has not improved since last year. Scott needs to think long and hard about who he’s going to put his loyalty behind. 
-What happened to Mills? He looked good at the beginning...and then we went away from him. Injury? Aliens? Illuminati? Inquiring minds want to know...

Not sure why we went away from Mills. The kid is playing good football, and he can take a beating.  Frost is not coaching well imo, but he is our best and last chance.

1 hour ago, Omaha-Husker said:

That said I am getting sick and tired of seeing guys walk out of Lincoln with that kind of joy b/c every former doormat is getting their chance to win at Memorial for the past 15 years.

I'm not sure we have to worry about this happening much longer.  There isn't a lot of joy beating a doormat.  Teams will just come in, deliver the beating and move on to the next game.

Indiana came into the came as 18th in total defense in the country. It was nice to see the offense have that much success with our 3rd string QB. I don't buy into "this offense can't work in the BIG 10" narrative being spewed by some.

I don't know what to make of the joke of the defense. I don't have any faith in Chins, but I also think we lack serious talent. Time shall tell. 

• Plus1 5

This loss will linger more than others because the entire state and fan base bought into the bull crap we were fed by Frost that we had two weeks of the best practices ever and that guys are eager to get back on the field and play. Either he has been fooled by his own team or he just thinks we are naive and will buy anything he sells. Enough with the buy in and complaining about undisciplined penalties and do something about it. At this point, sit out every player who committed a stupid penalty specially the Davis brothers and start setting some examples. Unless there are consequences to actions, players will not learn. He needs to start exercising tough love because these players are not responding to him being nice. He also needs to have a serious talk with his coaches and make them understand that if they don’t get the job done, they need to start looking for other jobs. I am tired of us paying so much money with absolutely no return on investment. I am willing to bet that another player decommits this week. A coach who blames his players but does not admit his coaches’ shortcomings does not inspire confidence in recruits.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I understand those who are tired of blaming the players for why we are sub standard at best, but we have hired and fired enough coaches and constantly doing that hasn't worked out at all either.  At some point as a fan base we need to admit we are not getting or attracting the right player for this conference and region.  We can't undo the things that  have lead to us being what we are now.  

Have we ever even fielded a real Big 10 team yet?  Our best seasons in the Big 10 were with Big 12 recruited players.  So the notion we don't have Big 10 players seems mislead as well.   Were just not attracting the right players or good enough players to make a real difference yet.  Can Frost get those guys?  Can anyone get those guys?  Scheme is just what it is.  Players go out and practice it each day and should have it mastered.  If for some reason after 8 games we have players playing out of position, then its a lost cause and time to move on to player B.  

Man, watched K-State take it too OU today, with just a standard run first offense and really good O-line and a basic standard defense that was getting pressure with 3 linemen.  Is it all coaching or is it better players.............Kansas even won tonight. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Bowl season is still completely attainable because Maryland and Purdue look absolutely lost which is saying something considering the product NU has been rolling out.

I'm really getting sick of the weekly personal foul penalties on the Davis twins.  I'm all for hard hitting, clean football but they've been rolling out so many cheap shots that I'm looking for Mr. Fuji on the sidelines.

I hope you correct about becoming bowl eligible but after today I am skeptical.