What did we learn? The Indiana edition (sponsored by the Greg Louganis Diving School)

3 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I think Frost is telling the truth about guys who don't care enough, I can def name a few. But the problem is DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Sit those MFs and let someone else play 

Not enough plus ones for this.  FOR THOSE WHO THINK ITS THE KIDS.......TWO WEEKS AGO the man in charge didn't like the team warming up in sweats.  Today, Daniels had to get onto the team.  WTF have you and the staff been doing the past two weeks!  Seriously man, that's on you a s a HC.  You control the culture. You control the narrative.  Sit guys.  Start the true freshman.  Hold them accountable. Tell them to strip off the sweats and get ready to get after it.  That's also part of coaching.....You think Damian Jackson gives 2 sh!ts about the cild?  Pretty sure he'd have the staff's back...... It's like as a parent telling your kids not to do it... again....and again....and again...and again.  The kid eventually realizes there's no consequences and starts running the house.  The comments from Wan'dale, a true fresh, calling guys out.  Dudes who are down with the program, lose respect for the staff when they see other guys starting who half a$$ everything with no fear of crap.

Frost needs a McBride.  Some one to yell, curse and threaten to get the guys in line.  Hard to have an effective Unity Council when the staff doesn't hold them accountable....

• Plus1 8

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Snake bit is pathetic.  "Unlucky!"  We had two weeks to prepare.  Scott is not into details on defense and on special teams.  He is loyal.  He is a nice person.  He was fooled by some IU schemes.  Like those last few sentences, his emotional pressers are confoundingly all over the map.    

This isn't luck.  This is a deep problem he needs to get dirty on.

If I lead a company, and our sales are bad, or our customer retention is awful...I'm sitting with those leaders and understanding their team charters, their tenets that live in to the mission I've established.  And if I'm not liking what I hear or see, I remove any encumbrance to drive change.  It then changes or I find someone who makes it right.  

• Plus1 3
19 minutes ago, lo country said:

Not enough plus ones for this.  FOR THOSE WHO THINK ITS THE KIDS.......TWO WEEKS AGO the man in charge didn't like the team warming up in sweats.  Today, Daniels had to get onto the team.  WTF have you and the staff been doing the past two weeks!  Seriously man, that's on you a s a HC.  You control the culture. You control the narrative.  Sit guys.  Start the true freshman.  Hold them accountable. Tell them to strip off the sweats and get ready to get after it.  That's also part of coaching.....You think Damian Jackson gives 2 sh!ts about the cild?  Pretty sure he'd have the staff's back...... It's like as a parent telling your kids not to do it... again....and again....and again...and again.  The kid eventually realizes there's no consequences and starts running the house.  The comments from Wan'dale, a true fresh, calling guys out.  Dudes who are down with the program, lose respect for the staff when they see other guys starting who half a$$ everything with no fear of crap.

Frost needs a McBride.  Some one to yell, curse and threaten to get the guys in line.  Hard to have an effective Unity Council when the staff doesn't hold them accountable....

DIdn't people want McBride fired along the way as well................I am pretty sure over the course of his tenure he was being the pointing stick as well for us not winning.  Stayed the course with him and won games and conference  titles and eventually national titles. Its not the 80's anymore, and we all know that college football is different now, but eventually we have to stick with some of these coaches.  These coaches go out and start relationships with recruits, and those develop into inner cirlces that produce players.  With out that, we can't recruit.  Banker, Diaco, and now Chin.  Can't keep firing people and getting the same result or worse.

• Plus1 4

Not sure who was in Lincoln today but it was sort of dead.  Sandy's had a nice crowd before the game...Duffy's was okay...Barry's was as dead as I have ever seen it.  

I don't know, maybe it was nothing but apathy is ugly and when the students stop giving a f#&% it can turn really ugly really fast.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

This was one of those games where the numbers were weird. Putting the ball on the ground doesn't help. The fumble while we were driving in the first is a great example of this. That was just a player panicking and a huge missed block. 

I made post the other day that we were worse off than we thought rosterwise when frost took over. With that said, I also think we're closer than most people think after today. Our lb aren't great, but we recruited that position really well last year. The game plan was to exploit the slot and they did all game. Our OL is really young and our DL is where our OL was last year. Except I think we're better positioned for the turnover on the DL. 

We need depth and we need a few key positions to be filled (big body wr, NT). The rest of the positions we have the bodies. Just need time still. 

• Plus1 3

15 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

DIdn't people want McBride fired along the way as well................I am pretty sure over the course of his tenure he was being the pointing stick as well for us not winning.  Stayed the course with him and won games and conference  titles and eventually national titles. Its not the 80's anymore, and we all know that college football is different now, but eventually we have to stick with some of these coaches.  These coaches go out and start relationships with recruits, and those develop into inner cirlces that produce players.  With out that, we can't recruit.  Banker, Diaco, and now Chin.  Can't keep firing people and getting the same result or worse.

My meaning of McBride was he was the yin to TO’s yang.  He was mean and TO was nice.  Unsure if Frost has that guy.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, lo country said:

My meaning of McBride was he was the yin to TO’s yang.  He was mean and TO was nice.  Unsure if Frost has that guy.

Yes, and thats right to assume, but that evolved over many years.  Oborne didn't fire his staff as soon as stuff went wrong.  Saban can do that at Bama, but few can do that.  I don't know if Chin is the right person for the defense, but I don't know who or what else is out there.  Our defensive personnel has had 3 different CO's in 4 or 5 years.  

29 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Not sure who was in Lincoln today but it was sort of dead.  Sandy's had a nice crowd before the game...Duffy's was okay...Barry's was as dead as I have ever seen it.  

I don't know, maybe it was nothing but apathy is ugly and when the students stop giving a f#&% it can turn really ugly really fast.

The bar I watched at was surprisingly empty for a game.

59 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

We need depth and we need a few key positions to be filled (big body wr, NT). The rest of the positions we have the bodies. Just need time still. 

With the soft defensive scheme Chinander plays, who is the pass rusher on this team that steps up next year and gets it done? Who is the guy that's on this roster right now that fills in Alex Davis' spot but can actually get to the QB?

I ask in earnest because this is more of a clusterf*** than I could have possibly imagined on defense in year 2.

18 minutes ago, Undone said:

With the soft defensive scheme Chinander plays, who is the pass rusher on this team that steps up next year and gets it done? Who is the guy that's on this roster right now that fills in Alex Davis' spot but can actually get to the QB?

I ask in earnest because this is more of a clusterf*** than I could have possibly imagined on defense in year 2.

Nelson and tannor should get all his snaps. Sure tannor is undersized but at least he's athletic and nelson bites to much on zone read plays but he plays hard and looks more active when out there.  They'll also both be back next year and davis won't. 

I dont think the D players are buying in with the D coaches, and I dont know what the D coaches excuses are.  

The offense running plays are just too easy   Zone draw, QB draw, zone draw.  No effective play action.  No power game. No inside trap.  No counter-tray.  

Bring back some diamond formation, and pass out of it too   Give Mills the ball on some quick traps or loaded off tackle. Its just too easy to diagnose the QB runs right now.  

9 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

I dont think the D players are buying in with the D coaches, and I dont know what the D coaches excuses are.  

The offense running plays are just too easy   Zone draw, QB draw, zone draw.  No effective play action.  No power game. No inside trap.  No counter-tray.  

Bring back some diamond formation, and pass out of it too   Give Mills the ball on some quick traps or loaded off tackle. Its just too easy to diagnose the QB runs right now.  

:yeah The offense seems to have like 1 or 2 tricks a game but then it just is zone draw, QB draw like you said. I thought we'd have many more players part of a dynamic offense.  Love Wandale but he is not a between the tackles RB, neither was MoWa.  Where is the TE, where is JD, where is Warner, Noa finally caught a TD but also fumbled.  I was excited for Woodyard.  Does he have over 5 catches since he has been here?  

1 hour ago, Nebhawk said:

I believe TO turned to Bowden and FSU's staff to help fix the defense.  McBride was the DC at the time and used the knowledge gained to produce some outstanding defenses.  Without the help I'm not sure anything would have changed and the fan's opinion of McBride was probably right.  Anyone with more knowledge about that time please correct me.  Because our staff is young and inexperienced, I really think they would benefit a lot by having some unemployed head coaches on staff as analysts whose only job is to analyze what we are doing on offense and defense.  They can identify weaknesses and specific things we need to improve on.  The coaches can focus on game planning for specific opponents.  I believe Saban utilizes his analysts to game plan for opponents but I think we need help identifying things we are doing wrong.

• Plus1 2